XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Alright, now this is getting out of hand!

Back to the topic!

I feel that we should include little holiday specific eastereggs, like having some/all trees in a mission replaced with christmas trees on dec 25, etc.

maybe have those turkeys warhamster was talking about with boosted Chryssalid abilites

turkey attacks human soldier ->

soldier becomes uncon and gives birth to 4-6 turkeys

turkey attacks Alien soldier ->

alien becomes uncon and gives birth 4-6..

3 way biff :D, might be going a little too far though

That's the idea of an easter-egg. It should be rare so that when it happens, it's cool. And, depending on what day the game will start, Christmas can be very busy UFO time.

The aliens usually send a UFO convoy each month to build a base. They could sneak in a little terror mission at the north pole, that most people would abandon in favor of the convoy.

The aliens usually send a UFO convoy each month to build a base. They could sneak in a little terror mission at the north pole, that most people would abandon in favor of the convoy.

Aliens terrorizing santa's workshop? you got to be kidding :LOL:

That would really suck to start a game on christmas eve then.  Before you can even get your first base up and moving, you've already missed it for the year.

? :huh?:

I didn't hear anything about starting a campaign on a specific date. All I know of is Jan.1, 201X. Could you post a link to that thread, Anthraxus?

--Edit: The alien's will force Santa to start making alien entertainment, and to give up all of his Xenium fuel. Santa's sled will be grounded, and Christmas will be ruined! :crying: --

Edited by Robo Dojo 58

I was misunderstood :whatwhat:

What I meant was that if the santa terror site easter egg was included in the finished game, and then you started a game on christmas eve, Since the easter egg would be keyed to your system clock instead of the game time(I guess, since it needs to be rare) unless you played all night the terror site egg would hatch when you load the game on christmas, causing you to get the terror site before you could handle it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the actual release date of V. 1.0

I thought the plan was to make the easter eggs tied to the game clock.

Oh, you must've read about using the system clock to generate a random seed, Anthraxus. That's important for making the game events different every time you play. (been reading the Xenopoly thread? :rolleyes:)

The game can start on the same date all the time, though. I don't think we've decided on an exact game date, yet. Just sometime in the year 201X. It'll probably be adjusted to allow the player to see the easter eggs.

Xenocide takes the starting date and clock from your computers clock. And easter-eggs are based on the game time. It would be stupid to have christmas trees in july at game time :D