I'm currently developing a project to replace all the of UFO Defense's terrains with new ones, either with original/new tiles. The first one that I'm working on is the replacement for the Terror Site, Dawn City, which has been adapted from its UFO2000 version.
The current version is Beta 5.1 - download and pictures below - featuring:
* New tilesets, most of them newly designed (thanks to Nachtwolf).
* The roads have been replaced by rows of warehouses and apartments with 3 levels.
* All maps are new or redesigned.
* Terrain is harder to destroy, like Port on Terror From The Deep.
* Almost all spawn points are active - aliens start more randomly scattered around the Battlescape.
* Power blackout - none of the terrain lights work.
To install it, first make a backup of your /MAPS, /ROUTES and /TERRAIN subfolders on your main UFO Defense folder. Afterwards simply unzip the file to your main UFO folder and say Yes to replace all the files. Afterwards the game will start every new Terror Site mission using the new terrain.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated using this thread. Have fun
Edited by Hobbes, 19 March 2012 - 12:26 PM.