#1 DamnSectoids

DamnSectoids

Squaddie

• New Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Greetings all

im going to start my time here with a quick question, to all those technical people who have taken the back off the game and seen how it works!

In xcom 1 the alien ai works in a very particular way and has very specific little quirks, this we all know. In xcom 2 however, and i say this having recently played them both again back to back, the aliens do seem to be even sneakier! They have more of a hunter killer style than a sit and wait that the xcom 1 aliens seemed to have.

So in conclusion im asking how the ai differs from game to game, if it even does at all of course!

thanks in advance

Damnsectoids

#2 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'm not expert on the AI, and haven't really analysed it that much, but from observation I feel the TFTD aliens don't explore as much as the UFO aliens. This way, it doesn't give their positions away so easily, and makes them a bit deadlier when it comes to springing ambushes.

Of course, that's not to say they don't explore. Lobsterman stationed outside of the alien sub for example are a bit bad at this, since they spend energy for any movement they make. They tend to run out of energy by wandering about the map.

- NKF

Edited by NKF, 10 August 2012 - 01:28 PM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1