XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Mouse Speed In Battlescape

Guest cobrafitz

Guest cobrafitz

Hi everyone, just now getting TFTD to work on my PC - having fun but struggling with the mouse speed.

I'm running in XP. I've used Turbo set at 1% but it hasn't helped much (I remembered to change scroll speed in options). Anyone know of anything else that will worK?

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4425

Unfortunately, it also produces some bugs, which means so far no excellent gaming yet. :( Such as endless reaction fire and endless reaction fire with MC disrupters.

Using Turbo doesn`t help a lot. And when i slow it to 1% the system hangs. You might probably have dual CPU...

If I remember correctly, for dual processor PCs, you could go to the task manager and set the core affinity so that it only uses one processor.

I don't have a dual processor so can't test this out.

I can only think of underclocking your cpu. And disabling D3DRendering and all that.

Guest cobrafitz

Thanks for the feedback. I just have a single CPU - my machine's too old for dual.

I may just try Dos-Box and see if that gets me anywhere.

Guest cobrafitz
Why didn`t you tell earlier?

If your version is DOS, then 100% success. DosBox = ownage.

I have the old DOS version and the CE. I just haven't figured out how to use DOS Box yet -windows was easier

Dos box is fairly simple once you've gotten the hang of it. Which parts are giving you trouble?

A little background in navigating the dos console helps too, but isn't a prerequisite. However, if you need a help in that respect, check the Command Console Primer on the X-Com wiki for a simple overview on the more basic console navigation commands.

Mainly what you need to know is the directory of the game you want to play, knowledge of how to use the MOUNT command, fiddling with your computer's cycles until you get a speed that suits you best and finally adjusting your config file with the cycles so that you don't have to go through that step each time you want to play.

- NKF