XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Could Sombody Clue Me In?

Mesoshy

[color="purple"]Ok, I just started here and I really am lost. I dont want to be annoying or anything but could sombody tell me exacty what this place is? Also, I am looking to learn Ilythiiri. I am apart of another site called www.gaiaonline.com and it involves role-playing. Yah my character is an elf and alot of the people there post in that language and I havent a clue what they are saying.

Thank you![/color]

This place is the home of Project Xenocide, an effort to create a game based on the XCOM:UFO series. The project homepage can be found at [url="http://www.projectxenocide.com/"]http://www.projectxenocide.com/[/url]
The game will be turn-based and realtime, but not role-playing.

I hope this answers your questions.

Ilyh-er-what? How did you come about this place, anyway? Are you a fan of X-Com, or what?

Bah, okay--I can go on with that for hours. Well, you've just happened upon Project Xenocide, one of the biggest, most popular, and, moreover, most ambitious attempts at crafting a "spiritual successor" to the popular strategy-game phenomenon that was X-Com: UFO Defense. Using a completely different engine, not to mention a boosted 3d graphics device, our goal is to capture the action and feel of the original smash hit while at the same time making an experience that feels both fresh and original. As you can see, the project has a strong, dedicated following, and progress is going along fairly well. Xenocide is a completely free, open-source project, combining the insight and creativity of X-Com fans around the globe in the hopes of making a game not only fun, but innovative as well. New ideas are always welcome, and encouraged.

Well, hope I pointed you in the right direction. Jeez, sounded like a marketing bot, there... phew...

[quote name='The Master Maniac' date='Sep 15 2004, 12:09 AM']Well, you've just happened upon Project Xenocide, one of the biggest, most popular, and, moreover, most ambitious attempts at crafting a "spiritual successor" to the popular strategy-game phenomenon that was X-Com: UFO Defense. [right][post="94537"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hey, don't for get about the UFO2000 forums, even though it uses the graphics from the old X-COM it has what every X-COM commander ever wanted, MULTIPLAYER! And will eventually support MMO! :rock: Edited by Hailfire22

Just check it out. (only for curiousity though. IMHO its :pink: but we all have opinions)

Its one of those 'games'/'communities' but anime based. A combination of Digimon, Pokemon, and Crack, but i GUESS you can call that anime.

You earn gold for posting and crap (my friends into that. the only thing I ever did there was make a script that would refresh the page randomly between every 10-60 seconds... either he lost it or it doesnt work anymore)

EDIT: read his post carfully - i think he never meant to come here... and that wierd word is a form of 'elvish' .... that should clue you into the excentricities of the folks there (like those websites in Klingon)

Needless to say i dont have nice feelings about it. Edited by x0563511

[quote name='x0563511' date='Sep 16 2004, 11:04 PM']EDIT: read his post carfully - i think he never meant to come here... and that wierd word is a form of 'elvish'....
[right][post="94765"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I have to say I disagree. Anyone with half a brain would know that the word/name Xenocide has NOTHING to do with elves or fantasy worlds. Not to mention he had to sign up to post so he should have known it was the wrong place.

Also, if they were well versed in English (not to say that they were) you can take the word Xenocide and determine what it is about.

Xeno: Alien, non-human, etc.
-cide: to kill, massive loss of life.

Does that sound like elvish to you?

[quote name='Hailfire22' date='Sep 16 2004, 11:46 PM'][quote name='x0563511' date='Sep 16 2004, 11:04 PM']EDIT: read his post carfully - i think he never meant to come here... and that wierd word is a form of 'elvish'....
[right][post="94765"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I have to say I disagree. Anyone with half a brain would know that the word/name Xenocide has NOTHING to do with elves or fantasy worlds. Not to mention he had to sign up to post so he should have known it was the wrong place.

Also, if they were well versed in English (not to say that they were) you can take the word Xenocide and determine what it is about.

Xeno: Alien, non-human, etc.
-cide: to kill, massive loss of life.

Does that sound like elvish to you?
[right][post="94777"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Maybe he meant his name, "meshoshy"