XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Tanks are made out of rubber

Guest stewart

Guest stewart

Tanks can climb stairs. They can also fit through the 1 x 2 hole at the top. You don't need to remove floor for them to get through but you do need to remove any wall between you (the player) and the stairs. I send a cannon and rocket tank out as a team. The rocket tank makes the kills, the cannon tank makes the holes. For example take the two story house with roof access in the farmland maps. The cannon tank widens the door way then goes in. The first stairs are easily climbed, go as far as you can then select view for the next story. Have the tank proceed east. BINGO! you're tank is upstairs. To get on the roof turn the tank 180 and shoot away the wall sections beside the stairs. Plus two more at the bottom of the stairs (the additional two must go so you can climb back down). Go around the stairs you just climbed the get to the new stairs. Climb the same way. When you get on the roof go east. I usually put the rocket tank on the roof, and have the cannon tank scout around.

To get off the roof DONT DRIVE OFF, you will be imbedded in the wall (unless you clear those wall sections first), just drive back down the stairs the exact way you came up them.

Tanks on the roof; it's fun.

-----------------

This is completely off topic but after years of playing I finally saw the "Cave" you can get in the mountain battlescapes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stewart
Yep, please see the artillery thread. I use tanks where missions are more dangerous, doing this I lose a lot of tanks but a LOT less soldiers. So they slowly improve. For easy missions I send less or no tanks.