XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Lcd Screen Resolution

plebs

Hi,

I can get it all to work, thx to the work arounds in the FAQ. However, I use a LCD screen and its resolution doesn't go down as low as that required in xcom1. Is there any way of getting around this, because all i get at the moment is the screen bunched up into about 1/4 of the space at the top. Its all there, but its mighty crap to play with.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've managed to kind of get around it. My video card has a TV out, so I extended my desktop and set my TV as my primary. I was then able to get xcom to work perfectly. I needed to slow my comp down severly, but other than that nps.

================

NOTE

================

This file collects the ReadMe files from all three of the X-COM games included in the

X-COM Collector's Edition, plus the Hasbro Interactive License Agreement. These three

games are exactly the same as the original releases, except that we've made them compatible

with Windows 95/98 and fixed a few outstanding bugs.

So I guess it is the CE.

Yep, that's the CE, but that won't do anything for your lcd screen problems.

The other version would be the old DOS version, I heard you can run it in a window, so maybe you can try it like that if you get it to run properly.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

I can get it all to work, thx to the work arounds in the FAQ. However, I use a LCD screen and its resolution doesn't go down as low as that required in xcom1. Is there any way of getting around this, because all i get at the moment is the screen bunched up into about 1/4 of the space at the top. Its all there, but its mighty crap to play with.

If your still having problems, you need to go through your Control Settings - Display Settings then go to advanced settings and alter graphics card options to scale image to screen - this worked or me using WINXP and a Radon9000 Graphics Card