XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo2000 Geoscape

Serge

What kind of geoscape graphics do you prefer?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There was a discussion started in ufo2000 mailing list about making geoscape for the game. What is interesting, not everyone thinks that geoscape beauty is even needed. Here is a quote from the mailing list explaining this point:

Such graphics, like in the Aftermath, look stupid without clouds and seasonal surface changes - snow and vegetation, and you know, sea freezes in sufficiently near-polar regions. They end up giving the player too much of useless eye-candy, while not giving him all the information he needs.

Idea is that the player does only need a schematic representation of whatever he controls. Old-style polygonal model with sharp edges and simple (32x32 !) textures is enough for this, and also provokes fits of nostalgia, while conserving system resources.

I'd say use the old xcom style, I think it still looks good, and it fits in with the (current :) ) battlescape of ufo2000. And maybe it's also easier to do, making it possible to release it faster :happybanana:

I agree with everything that j'ordos said but would like to add one thing. TFTD geoscape sucked, it was butt-ugly! :puke: Original x-com 1 geoscape was great. I liked the aftermath geoscape too though..

well, that was just the texture, maybe you can combine them (xcom1 for land, xcom2 for sea, obviously :rolleyes: ), as UFO2000 isn't limited to either the xcom1 or the xcom2 palette, I think? :) Edited by j'ordos

I'd say use the old xcom style, I think it still looks good, and it fits in with the (current :) ) battlescape of ufo2000. And maybe it's also easier to do, making it possible to release it faster :happybanana:

It is not easier (and not harder as well). In fact we can put any texture on a rotating sphere. It is more a question of realistic/schematic approach. Realistic approach (used in Aftermath and Xenocide) tries to show an image of Earth as it is visible from space. It is looking good, but apart of that it gives little information to the player and if we go even further and add clouds, the player will be very annoyed after playing the game for some time - they may hide important details. Schematic approach on the other hand gives all the tactical information to the user - the globe consists of polygons, each polygon has its own terrain type, so you know where to take down ufo if you prefer a specific terrain type and so on.

By the way, I made a small geoscape demo almost a year ago, it uses realistic approach. I could have easily included this demo in ufo2000, but it would just increase the size of the installer of the game (mainly becauise of large texture size) with no other visible beneit apart from many questions about why the geoscape is not fully working in the game. Another demo is currently being developed by Alexander Sabourenkov who has started this geoscape discussion again, a link to a screenshot from his demo is available from his post in the ufo2000 mailing list.

PS. And it is a bit strange to me that Xenocide people vote agains the approach used in Xenocide itself ;)

well, as I said, I think it fits in with the style of UFO2000, xenocide, on the other hand, would look a little weird if it has this state-o'-the art battlescape thingy, combined with the good ol' geoscape :)

Just watched your demo and it really would be hard to see what kind of terrain the battle will be. If you ask me, just go with the old style (or that Alexanders way).

Btw. Now that you mention it, I wonder how will this (no_clue_what_kind_of_terrain_in_battlescape) issue with geoscape is handled in xenocide.. :huh?:

i say use the old xcom style. besides everyone already saying that it blends in more with the battlescape's graphics and it's easier for the player to tell which terrain is where, etc, there's also other advantages:

- what's smaller? a geoscape made out of loads of polygons that use 32x32 low-quality textures? or one that uses a 2048x1024 high-quality texture?

- imo much easier to program. it's probably much easier to have the game get the terrain to use, light quantity, etc based on the polygon the battle is in, then having the game store some sort of array with the position of all the terrain types and such on the geoscape. it's also easier to draw the country/nation borders.

It would be nice if you could do something like charlieg mentioned above. I played around with the planet program on that page and created this video a few weeks ago:

http://www.xcomufo.com/glpanet1-xvid.avi

I forgot to mention that video was made with my geforce4 64mb, so please forgive the jumpiness. I image it would look a lot nicer on a newer card.

Well, we really need a new developer for making geoscape for ufo2000.

Surely I could start making geoscape myself, but we have lots of other tasks to do as well. And the other developers are busy too. Geoscape will be added to the game but if nobody helps, this will happen a lot later.

So it's a good chance to join our team now ;)

Surely I could start making geoscape myself, but we have lots of other tasks to do as well. And the other developers are busy too. Geoscape will be added to the game but if nobody helps, this will happen a lot later.

PM SupSuper, he has a lot of experience of making the x-com geoscape to other formats. (flash version, calculator TI-89 version...) I think he could help you.

PM SupSuper, he has a lot of experience of making the x-com geoscape to other formats. (flash version, calculator TI-89 version...) I think he could help you.

it's TI-86 actually ;)

that reminds me, i should work on the flash game.

and actually, i don't think i can help. although i've done geoscapes (never even completed them) those ways, it's only because flash and the TI are easy to code with. and i've always done it in 2d (as a flat map).

and i don't have much experience at programming with 3d or C++. unless you'd teach me or something :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
I figure the old X-COM 1 geoscape will go better due to the fact it'll fit the game better. Perhaps sharpen up the textures/redo them slightly to make them a little better looking, and such.

I figure the old X-COM 1 geoscape will go better due to the fact it'll fit the game better. Perhaps sharpen up the textures/redo them slightly to make them a little better looking, and such.

Well, many people even thought that multiplayer will not fit X-COM at all... :)

So I think that restricting ourselves with just dumb cloning X-COM will not help us to make a better game. UFO2000 should combine the best from X-COM and TFTD, fix obvious bugs, improve balance and replayability, have good support for modding and extending. Also using modern hardware, we can rework some parts of the game that could not be done better 10 years ago, making nice looking geoscape is not that hard today. We only need to decide if we really need this, that's why this poll was created.

Heheh, my point WAS, it (UFO2k) LOOKS like the old X-COM, so people will, perhaps, be more used to the old-style geoscape. Not saying it can't be improved on, but "we" don't want to overdo it and make it look out of place. Edited by Exo2000

Exactly. All you need is to, as I said, touch up the GFX so it looks neater and such, then voila, instant geosphere.

I can't wait to try the MMO part now, it sounds... intriguing...

Hmm, I kinda liked Serge's Geoscape demo myself...

But hey, the mere idea of using a Geoscape as an interface for UFO2000 sounds incredibly cool. Still, it wouldn't hurt to make the geoscape from the original X-Com just a wee bit prettier, would it? I mean, I don't mean to sound sacriligious (if that's how I'm coming off here), but I've already stared at the original geoscape for no less than a hundred hours at least, and to me, it always seemed a little...rough. Hey, the game's upwards of ten years old, I know, but it would be a nice step just to make the ground-based textures (desert, mountains, and such) a bit smoother.

Eh, I think I'll just leave it to the guys that actually know what they're doing. ;)

Hi guys

I just discovered the forum and everything. Wonderful!!! Can't wait to see Xenocide... btw, if you need any help, I'm fan of the Xcom series (well, except Interceptor! (: ) and an artist and would love to help in any way I can. I have primitive knowledge of programming (used to study basic on my old Apple and then played around a bit with C++ in the PC developing a sailing game. It was workable already when I stopped...), so I guess my help can be only in the arts department...

Serge, I liked a lot your idea of a geoscape. That's what I was thinking about when I saw the discussion, images like the ones on wheater sites. I guess it's a matter of making similar ones for the water areas. And, if Xenocide goes toward realism, this kind of geoscape would be nicier than the old style.

I couldn't vote for the geoscape. Stupidly, I went to see how the voting was before voting, only later I noticed I gave up my vote to do so!

I still didn't see anything about Xenocide, just arrived and learned how to put Xcom1 and 2 to work with DOSbox. Great stuff! But if it's going to realism, surely a more realistic geoscape would fit better. I imagine someone who never saw about it seeing the game for the first time, a realistic geoscape would give the person a good taste of what there is to come...

{}Overtake

I just discovered the forum and everything. Wonderful!!! Can't wait to see Xenocide... btw, if you need any help, I'm fan of the Xcom series (well, except Interceptor! (: ) and an artist and would love to help in any way I can. I have primitive knowledge of programming (used to study basic on my old Apple and then played around a bit with C++ in the PC developing a sailing game. It was workable already when I stopped...), so I guess my help can be only in the arts department...

Welcome aboard :)

As you are new here, let me explain a few things, first Xenocide and UFO2000 are two different projects. Long time ago, in 2002, when Xenocide project was just started, we considered the idea of joining our efforts and working on the same game together. The idea was that Xenocide developers will focus on geoscape part of the game, and UFO2000 developers will work on tactics. But that simply did not work :( Xenocide decided to go 3D for their battlescape, so it is hard to use UFO2000 tactical part in it (though maybe in the future it will be possible to change image rendering part of UFO2000 and make it use 3D too). In addition, the development process of both projects is radically different.

UFO2000 primarily focuses on playability and fast incremental development - add a feature, make it playable, release a new version to people, improve a feature, release next version, ...

Looks like Xenocide developers want to design everything from ground up, write lots of supplementary code and only after that start coding real game. Maybe in the long run it will prove to be more efficient, but I like the way we work on UFO2000 and don't want to change anything :) Xenocide developers are also reading this forum, so I hope they will correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, things that we can easily share are creative texts, artwork and music. So no matter what project you decide to join, both can benefit from it :)

Well, now back to this geoscape topic. I would like to use Xenocide geoscape with UFO2000, but it is not playable yet (and not going to be in the near future?), so I fear that we will have to start making our own geoscape, probably much less advanced but at least playable and ready to use.

Hi again!

Yes, I just discovered UFO2000 too and came back to correct my post.

I installed UFO2000 and tried a crazy hotseat game playing against myself! (:

I lost!

Loved the game, it was wonderful to be back at Xcom1 and 2. And multiplayer!!! Now I'm pestering my wife to play with me (she also love games, we play Rise of Nations almost every night).

Interesting the two approaches to development. I guess it's better for everybody to have the two projects separate, so both concepts are being tried and, in the end, we'll have two games.

Reading your mail I loved the idea of a remake of graphics using the same engine of UFO2000. The engine is great, the 2D graphics work very well. 3D would be nice, but it would really mean another project. So Xenocide.

The concept of small workable implementations is great too. So there is always a lot of feedback and we can play it too; we can have something between your hands.

So, going back to UFO2000 geoscape, I think something more like Xcom1 would be better at this stage, maybe, as someone suggested, only adding more detail. Something 3D would be misleading to what is seen later. I always hated games that have wonderful presentations and then the game graphics aren't half as good. Also, I think there should have no clouds. They could be viable if made transparent so no detail is missed, but since there are no wheater variations in missions (maybe it's something to add??), they would also be misleading.

Another thing that came to my mind: why not an option to choose the characters? I would like to try me being human and my wife alien (since aliens are more powerful, and she has no training on Xcom).

There is, I'm sure, a plan of what is to come. Where I can see it?

Oh, man, I think I'll expend a lot of time on these forums... (((:

{}Overtake

The concept of small workable implementations is great too. So there is always a lot of feedback and we can play it too; we can have something between your hands.

http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=8146

Unfortunately, "content-based" games are a one-time experience. A user can't experience a game on an emotional level if she is playing through the same level hundreds of times to see minor improvements and new features.

A spreadsheet developer can release a new beta version to testers every week to get feedback on how well the new functions he has implemented perform for the users. The users appreciate the progress and and application becomes more valuable to them with each release.

A game instead becomes less relevant with each minor release. The user pool has experienced it and has already moved on. The developer gets very little benefit from users contributing back to the project because most users do not stay interested in the project for very long.

Doom 3 was quite playable half way through its development cycle. That means with two years of full-time development left, in an open source world, players would already be playing it. Two years is a long time in the gaming world. It would be very hard to keep any sort of public interest alive with weekly test releases where the only change might be that a weapon was tweaked, a room was added halfway through the game, the lighting was adjusted, or load time was slightly reduced. From the audience perspective, games don't get better gradually. That would be like expecting the general public to sit through the same movie every week for two years as the editing was tuned and small scenes were gradually added. Not only would the audience not enjoy it, they would also be likely to riot after about six months of showings.

Unfortunately that is true. Many people discover ufo2000, play it for some time and move on discouraged by "slow" progress. On the other hand, not releasing any versions to public and developing the game "indoors" would slow down the development even more.

So, going back to UFO2000 geoscape, I think something more like Xcom1 would be better at this stage, maybe, as someone suggested, only adding more detail. Something 3D would be misleading to what is seen later. I always hated games that have wonderful presentations and then the game graphics aren't half as good. Also, I think there should have no clouds. They could be viable if made transparent so no detail is missed, but since there are no wheater variations in missions (maybe it's something to add??), they would also be misleading.

X-com geoscape was already 3D (software rendered and had low nomber of polygons, poor quality textures). It had much worse look than battlescape, at least my first impression about the game was not very good because of geoscape until I got first tactical mission :) Maybe old x-com players are already used to it, but new players would certainly like a somewhat better looking geoscape. But I agree, that first changes should be just improving textures and having a bit more polygons.

Another thing that came to my mind: why not an option to choose the characters? I would like to try me being human and my wife alien (since aliens are more powerful, and she has no training on Xcom).

Discussion about editing characters skins and armor moved here

• 1 month later...

I hope you're still looking for developers to help out with the Geoscape stuff.

I've decided to get involved with this project.

A little bit about myself.

I'm a recent college graduate with degrees in computer science and physics, I've been into XCOM since I got ahold of it my freshman year of college (and to a lesser extent, since I first tried out the TFTD demo I found on a CD when I was in high school).

I know how to program in BASIC, Inform, C (and somewhat in C++, but don't call me an expert at it), and a very little assembler.

As for time commitments, I work part time as a pizza delivery driver, part time as a stagehand, and just recently as a Data Research Analyst for a computer company. As deadlines approach this winter, I might see more full-time hours for the computer company, but for now, I have time to put in on a project. I also want to keep in practice, and I need some sort of project which intrests me.

As far as the geoscape goes, why not give the user an option to use either the old XCOM style or the new style? Both styles can be single images, which would be warped around a sphere. The political divisions could be a seperate sphere (or sections of one) that could be overlaid on top of the geoscape graphics, regardless of the user preference. Remember, the idea isn't to just remake XCOM, it's to remake it better.

Anyway, I'm intresed in contributing to the project, but I'm having a little trouble following the code. Email me at udgrafdes at yahoo dot com and let me know how I can help.

JD

[email protected]

Hi,

I think the big question is about the concept for a geoscape-program,

e.g. what role should it fill.

In XCOM, we played against an AI, and the geoscape was the way of the game

to restrict the player in various ways (money/resources, knowledge, time),

to allow only certain weapons and missions, and to develop the background-story.

In our current Ufo2000, we play against other players on equal footing,

we can have all the weapons, soldiers, terrain etc. as we want, and

the mission-planner is just a place to arrange for fair battles.

This is perfect for a game now and then.

If (when!) we have an AI for ufo2000, we could also think up a storyline etc.

and for that, we would need something close to the xcom-geoscape.

If we go for massive-multiplayer, this will look somewhat different,

e.g. managing all the participating players, different champains etc.

And we have to think of how we want to treat those people who don't

have the time (nearly every day) for such a big multiplayer-champain.

-HaJo

Hi,

I think the big question is about the concept for a geoscape-program,

e.g. what role should it fill.

In XCOM, we played against an AI, and the geoscape was the way of the game

to restrict the player in various ways (money/resources, knowledge, time),

to allow only certain weapons and missions, and to develop the background-story.

In our current Ufo2000, we play against other players on equal footing,

we can have all the weapons, soldiers, terrain etc. as we want, and

the mission-planner is just a place to arrange for fair battles.

This is perfect for a game now and then.

If (when!) we have an AI for ufo2000, we could also think up a storyline etc.

and for that, we would need something close to the xcom-geoscape.

If we go for massive-multiplayer, this will look somewhat different,

e.g. managing all the participating players, different champains etc.

And we have to think of how we want to treat those people who don't

have the time (nearly every day) for such a big multiplayer-champain.

-HaJo

Maybe things should be taken one thing at a time.

Even with the game being two player only, I've seen some things which

could be improved on. Flying suits don't fly, and I wouldn't mind seeing the

animations for soldiers dying and the flash of explosions, for instance.

Otherwise, there has to be a starting point for improvements in a different

direction. Computer control might not be very hard. Simply have the computer be some sort of program that sends data to player two units in the same way as a human player does, and if this control were located on a server, then it might make for some intresting tactics, as the enemy behavior might be alterable without the player knowing in advance what the enemy will do.

I personally think the Geoscape might make a nice opening interface for the game, once the user decides to play a game. Obviously, it's more useful for a one player game, but it could used for two player as well. As far as look and feel of it, I think the specs should be the same as the original Xcom in most ways. However, why not make the left mouse button sort of a dragger, when you click on a point on the surface of the Earth, it tracks along with the mouse. The surface image is merely eye candy, and need not be any more than a simple 3D rotable sphere. As I said, the geoscape need not be anymore complicated than the original, but I would like to see it improved as far as how it looks.

JD

• 4 weeks later...

I've played the orginal X-COM :Enemy Unkown as well as all the games in the series and I have to say this right now....they never captured the "magic" again like they did in first game in my opinion.

Nice and simple. No clouds or changing atmospheric conditions...just a big sphere, all the continents where they should be, and the ability to rotate it or zoom in. I'm of the mind that, if the any the visual weather hoopla of the geoscape has no effect on the terrain in the squad-based missions when you eventually land, then the visual effects have no use.

I'm glad the developers here took up this cause, thx fellas!

• 2 months later...

I just voted for the :Old: style.

Simple = Playable

Here is a link for those who want realism:

http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

-Aqfaq-

Go with the original style. A photorealistic one would make the terrain types uncertain and the borders blurry. The old style would make it easier to decide when to shoot down a ship. Underwater terrain should be made easier to tell apart than in TFTD though. It should show what the ocean floor looks like not what the surface looks like.

You could go even further and make the Geoscape look like a holographic projection in a war room with a colour coded map. Commonly used buttons like Intercept and Base should be at the corners of the screen instead of instead of in a list to make it faster to locate and click on them.

I don't think the problems of gradually developing a content based game apply to UFO2000 because it's not a content based game. It's different each time you play. The replayability is only enhanced by the regular updates.

It's much worse to try to plan every little detail in advance because people get frustrated that work never starts and everyone loses interest (eg The EDF Project).

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I'm new here. Name's Seether, nice to meet ya. I'm a big X-Com fan, have the game on an old hard drive that might be dead and a buddy lost the CD. But anyway, I like the old X-Com geoscape. When I was in the game, I ran out of Elerium and couldn't get the Avenger off the ground. So I jumped UFOs that landed. They caught on, and attacked my main base and got kicked out. This was while my main team was away. Was coming close to capturing a commander that could give me the location of the alien base on Mars. Then the game acted like it was on crack, or acid perphaps? But I'm sure ya'll don't want to hear this senseless rambling...so I'll get to the point. Having an X-Com muliplayer game is a great idea. Making a geoscape for it and sending two players head to head with base building and all that is good too. And Xenocide looks great too. I'm an amatuer writer, so if I can help in anyway just yell. See ya.

• 1 month later...

I looked at the geoscape on the new beta ufo2000

and i like its texture. The only thing is needed is the

rotating the globe by clicking in different directions.

Right now im leaning on the aftermath idea from the

ufo2000 beta, but I need to understand what features

are going to be included so i can make a decision.

:huh?:

What exactly do you do in the geoscape?

I mean what kinda multiplay would be used?

Are you going to make users have their own base

active while they are on so they can raid other bases?

Can the bases be in water?

Do players choose from xcom bases to alien bases?

Can we design our bases our way, or a giving selection?

If these questions are all answered yes, then the multiplay

on ufo2000 would be unbelievable. I bet there would be a

good amount of users playing because of this new feature.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS FEATURE INCLUDING AI so

incase if not many people are on.

Edited by *Nite*

don't mean to be off topic, but i would like to say some suggestions for the geoscape multiplay.

If these questions are all answered yes, then the multiplay

on ufo2000 would be unbelievable. I bet there would be a

good amount of users playing because of this new feature.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS FEATURE INCLUDING AI so

incase if not many people are on.If these questions are all answered yes, then the multiplay

:beer:

I agree, AI would make it really good. AI definitely would make the game real interesting which may make players get into the game. Not only AI but also 2 vs 2 known as alliances, the most important feature I think is that you should choose either X-com or Alien because theres players that like only aliens, I choose alien. Yeah! :devillaugh:

If you choose alien, you should have alien bases, ufo crafts, and launch terror sites just like the original, so the X-com players can either accept terror missons or refuse.

Not only X-com1 bases but also X-com2 bases.

I'll keep my fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: for this new feature or something similar to it.

On the geoscape, i'd prefer the old X-com1 land and the X-com2 for ocean.

:huh?:

What exactly do you do in the geoscape?

I mean what kinda multiplay would be used?

Are you going to make users have their own base

active while they are on so they can raid other bases?

Can the bases be in water?

Do players choose from xcom bases to alien bases?

Can we design our bases our way, or a giving selection?

Well, the most straightforward way is just a reimplementation of x-com geoscape and single player mode with modern graphics (well, not so modern, but high-resolution truecolor 2D graphics would look also nice).

We just need an additional developer who can work on this geoscape part and make it into a real playable game. What I have done just now, was a mere intergation of my old geoscape demo written ages ago. It is good that it attracted some interest at least, and now the chances of finding a new developer for working on geoscape part hopefully increased :) It was my mistake not adding this geoscape demo to the game earlier.

You can see this old post for a proposed development plan for geoscape:

http://lxnt.info/pipermail/ufo2000/2003-Se...ber/000511.html

On the other hand, xenocide has also started moving in that direction at last so maybe integrating and reusing some parts of xenocide for ufo2000 geoscape can be an option in the future. But just relaxing and waiting for xenocide is not a good idea, we need to start making our own geoscape in order to boost competition at least :)

i suggest keeping the current textures but also adding tftd seas so we can see the dephts and use seas aswell for combat.

then you can either choose an alien base,

alien colony, x-com base or x-com underwater facility.

then you get in control of a transporter...

then the game is won when all aliens or x-com bases are conquered.

then the game resets.

it would kind of be the best solution.

also you can gain experience and if you become a commander you can build your own base.

Edited by Gurluas2000

i suggest keeping the current textures but also adding tftd seas so we can see the dephts and use

Feel free to contribute a new texture (current texture is in 'arts/geoscape_texture.jpg', it's easy to replace) and we will use it :)

I would sugest the middle term regarding the geoscape...

... i already seen the Xenocide Geo and the Ufo2000 Geo too,

and regarding that i like both i think they must be diferent

in graphic terms, soo i sugest ( for ufo 2000 ) not a hiper realistic

one ( like aftermatch ) nor the basic one ( like xcom ufo defence ),

but a geoscape pixel art ( the middle between the two ),

soo that ufo2000 may start beeing independent look like from xcom.

SAMSAM

in order to make sea dephts i need someone to hand me the tftd geo texture...

EDIT: currently i just saved a screenies and worked out of that... its not finished at all.

and i could appreciatr a little aid its kinda difficult.

post-1749-1113409439_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gurluas2000

i was leaning on aftermath style, but now i just want to let someone else decide...i like both so i can't really decide. aftermath will draw 3d cravers, and xcom sylish will draw original xcom fans. I think there should be a selection for aftermath style and xcom style. people like me, want both. they both should be implemented, but you can change the look through a through options menu.

I edited the geoscape image to more x-com-ish style, do you like it?

most definitely! =b

Edited by *Nite*

• 1 month later...
If not samsam's idea, then we need a toggle feature for both 3d good graphics and old xcom graphics. That will solve the solution. I do really like samsam's idea though. We need to make ufo2000 more independent. Edited by Kratos

Well..... what if it was both? Cities are part of the world, right? You can have map points where ships can land in cities, I loved the Apoc Geoscape and the UFO Geoscape.

• 1 month later...
If not samsam's idea, then we need a toggle feature for both 3d good graphics and old xcom graphics. That will solve the solution. I do really like samsam's idea though. We need to make ufo2000 more independent.

Why do u guys want the ufo2000 to be so independent from the original Ufo Enemy Unknown :blink2: ? I started playing this game only becase it has heart of the old game :wub: ... (btw i am a big fan of classic ufo, and for me it is the best game ever) Dont try to make the game different :sorry:

its not supposed to be the same.  if you want Xcom, play xcom.  Ufo 2000 is UFO 2000, not xcom

He is right, If it wasn't diffrent it would be like X-Com ET, its compatible with our new computers, they added the mp3's from the playstation version, and a couple other changes.. its fun, but I'm looking for something like it but with some good opinions added to it. Its why I'm trying to help out on Xenocide.