XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo2000 Geoscape

Serge

What kind of geoscape graphics do you prefer?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why do u guys want the ufo2000 to be so independent from the original Ufo Enemy Unknown  :blink2: ?

Dependency on X-COM graphics makes the game harder to install. And there are lots of other reasons - for example we do not like our project to be treated as just X-COM addon, such misunderstanding offends and discourages the developers a lot. Not to mention some legal uncertainity.

I started playing this game only becase it has heart of the old game  :wub: ... (btw i am a big fan of classic ufo, and for me it is the best game ever) Dont try to make the game different  :sorry:

Just imagine the differences between X-COM and TFTD. It is essentially the same engine and the same gameplay. But the graphics is different and it has more maps, more weapons and aliens variety, more different missions (not so many actually but anyway).

I think that UFO2000 should be a different game, but it should belong to the same class as X-COM and TFTD. For example Apocalypse is really a different game, it differs from X-COM and TFTD much more than UFO2000 would probably ever be :)

Dependency on X-COM graphics makes the game harder to install. And there are lots of other reasons - for example we do not like our project to be treated as just X-COM addon, such misunderstanding offends and discourages the developers a lot. Not to mention some legal uncertainity.

:NoNo: I didnt mean to discourage or offend the developers team, if it sounded that way i really apologize :sorry: . I admire your work and i think u are doing the best u can. And when i talked about that Xcom is the best game ever i was not exact... Ufo2000 is even better...thanks to u guys :Hug:

I think that UFO2000 should be a different game, but it should belong to the same class as X-COM and TFTD. For example Apocalypse is really a different game, it differs from X-COM and TFTD much more than UFO2000 would probably ever be :)

Now i uderstand it clearly. U want the game independant but still the same genre...

sorry for that quoting...i am new to this :blush1:

• 5 months later...

About Graphics... I can make 2d sprites pics obj etc. if someone will program. I made this 64x64 barrel in under 5 min using a 3d program that I own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Greeseman/UFO2000/Barrel1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Greeseman/UFO2000/Barrel2.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Greeseman/UFO2000/Barrel3.jpg

I could make flying armour, new armours, Aliens, guns, ojects, UFOs, name it I could (eventually) make it and rencer it at any angle and at any resolution. I could make the stupid barrel arms and legs too for that matter..... Make for an interesting map, sorta surreal. JK LOL

I really can help make new graphics for UFO2000. Just tell me what you want. :)

Edited by Blitzen

• 7 months later...
Oof! I like the new graphics in battlescape, they look good, but are still simple 2d thingies. The new Geoscapes suck because it takes 3GHz and an $800 graphics card to look at them. To me the beauty of games like xcom is the balance of great gameplay and low resource consumption. However testing the geoscae demo in the beta on my :) Edited by Brick-To-Face

• 2 years later...
How about use tactical mode with "geo-tiles" and "geo-sprites" instead of geoscape? "Geo-tiles" and "geo-sprites" must be made in other scale, like "Apocalipsis". Not in "city-scale", but in "geo-scale". Tile analog of geoscape. This is good, because tile engine is already done.