XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Regaining Countries That Went For An Alien Pact?

Kharille

Once they sign the pact you can never get them back, stories you may have heard are when countries are dissapointed in you and just cut funding but do not pact with aliens, then later on they may reinstate funding, that is yet to happen to me though.

I never got a country back. And I think I have a theory.

All countries come back after you beat the aliens back to the stars, but I'm pretty sure they'll lose a lot of their reputation. (They worked with the enemy)

Same thing if they'd try to come back during the war. The other nations would probably say: ,,You betrayed us once before. We're not going to let you back in. Go stew in your own juices, traitor."

(At least I wouldn't thrust them anymore. But I don't know much about politics either.)

Now for why there don't seem to be anymore attacks on your bases after an infiltration. My idea is that the blacksuited guys in the funding screen are the link between X-com and the nations. Not even the nations know where X-com is located and these guys are very hard to corrupt. I suppose they've got some suicide implant to prevent any information being gained through torture and the like. (Lucky for X-com)

Once they sign the pact you can never get them back, stories you may have heard are when countries are dissapointed in you and just cut funding but do not pact with aliens, then later on they may reinstate funding, that is yet to happen to me though.

Not so, I have lost em and later on gotten funding back, you never get a message (of course) saying they have broken their pact with the aliens.

Just to reiterate: folks with the DOS version (probably the original 1.2 and not the 1.4) see countries switching sides after they turned to alien. I have the CE (windows) and Playstation versions, and once a country signs a pact with the aliens, you can't get them back. (And I have tried literally everything to replicate the results). ;)

Anouther guy has experienced this along with me; he actually posted screen-shots at strategy core.

Zombie: can you lose Russia in ANY version?

Anouther guy has experienced this along with me; he actually posted screen-shots at strategy core.

That guy is Quantifier. His post (and the resulting discussion) can be found here.

Zombie: can you lose Russia in ANY version?

Well, I don't have all the different versions of this game to test so I can't make a universal "yes" or "no" statement. In the CE version (testing still in progress) it seems to be the case. However, testing this with the Playstation is very difficult as the game naturally slows down the longer one decides to play. (I attribute this lag to the processor trying to decide where/when/how many ufos to spawn on the map). The trick will be how to keep my points high enough while still allowing the aliens to build bases unhindered without the use of an editor. Elerium just doesn't last long enough with 15 Avengers flying around the map without your soldiers going on missions to replinish the supply. :idea: Can anyone say "Alien base Smash 'n Grab"? LOL

- Zombie