XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo2000 Tournament

Serge

Now ufo2000 game server processes information about played games and keeps player ratings table.

The best ufo2000 players list is here: http://ufo2000.lxnt.info/results.php

The scores are calculated according to the following rules:

• The result of a battle is only taken into account if it is finished (no player exited the game before the soldiers in one of the teams are all dead) and final statistics is shown
  • The winner gets 10 score points
  • The loser gets 3 score points (so you get points even losing the game, this should discourage premature exit of the game by one of the players who is very likely to lose)
  • Also every 30 minutes of being logged in to ufo2000 server (in server chat) gives 1 score point to you (to encourage people to log on more often :) )

You need to have the latest beta version of ufo2000 to take part in this tournament. Download it from http://ufo2000.sourceforge.net

Good luck!

Excellent idea that 'getting points even if losing' system. If opponent quits, you should get 3 points from that too, that would make it even better!

Excellent idea that 'getting points even if losing' system. If opponent quits, you should get 3 points from that too, that would make it even better!

that would just make it easier to cheat. get a friend, he disconnects, +3 points, he disconnects, +3 points, etc.

that would just make it easier to cheat. get a friend, he disconnects, +3 points, he disconnects, +3 points, etc.

That would be a sucky cheat because you'll get the 3 points anyway..

Score calculation changed a bit. Now time online bonus is calculated as: sqrt(time in seconds) / 20

So maximum bonus for time online for 7 days 24 hours a day (this is not realistic :) ) is 38 points. That is approximately equal to 4 victories in the battles.

I still think it's stupid that you won't get points if enemy quits. Nice to fight 45min and not getting anything from it because enemy quits..

I still think it's stupid that you won't get points if enemy quits. Nice to fight 45min and not getting anything from it because enemy quits..

Suggestions for a better implementation of score calculation are welcome :)

But please, write a detailed explanation of how it should work.

I did! :idea:

OK, I can track the number of killed soldiers and use it in the statistics. So the one who exited from the game will get 0 points, another player will get one point for each kill.

How do you like this idea?

Hmm... if you are fighting a battle with say 15 men on each side, and one disconnects when down to 2 men, the other would receive more points than if he had won completely (13>10), that might be a nice incentive to take it like a man, your victor will gain less points if you do so (only works when you are fighting a battle with more soldiers than points you get for winning, if you are fighting a small battle with less soldiers than points quitting is more advantageous). Of course, you could tie in the amount of points you get for a victory to the size of the battle being fought.

All this if you can change the amount of soldiers, of course, can't really remember that :)

OK, I can track the number of killed soldiers and use it in the statistics. So the one who exited from the game will get 0 points, another player will get one point for each kill.

How do you like this idea?

I think it sounds good. Have to dig up my ufo2000 now..

• 8 months later...

Well of course not. We're talking about if the LOSER is still there but the WINNER quits.

Huzzah.

But how the heck is it possible to have more than 10 men in a squad? I've tried a couple of things but no luck.

• 7 months later...
The statistic of Ufo is a great thing and i know that it is easy to complain and not to say any improvements, but it is simply unrealistic that last weak i was ranked as first place. I mean for example hobbes beats me in 99% of the cases and he was only second, same with grimshrat who also keeps kicking my donkey was fourth, for me it seems stil to unrealistic but well i should just shut up and think about some improvements