XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com For Linux?

Hi, I was a big X-Com player until I switched to Linux. I tried to use wine (WINdows Emulator) but all I get is "Can't CreateProcess" when I run UFO.exe and when I run UFO Defense.exe I get a black rectangle in the top-left corner. I think it's 320 x 200 pixels (the resolution for UFO) but nothing happens. So I deceded to look for something for linux, the only thing I found was UFO : Alien Invasion, awesome graphics, too good for my box. Anyone know of an alternative?

• 1 year later...
Hi, I was a big X-Com player until I switched to Linux. I tried to use wine (WINdows Emulator) but all I get is "Can't CreateProcess" when I run UFO.exe and when I run UFO Defense.exe I get a black rectangle in the top-left corner. I think it's 320 x 200 pixels (the resolution for UFO) but nothing happens. So I deceded to look for something for linux, the only thing I found was UFO : Alien Invasion, awesome graphics, too good for my box. Anyone know of an alternative?

Wine Is Not an Emulator! </2 YEARS late>

Now, onto the real reason for reviving this thread: Wine really doesn't work with it, at all. It breakzored my sound, AND X11! Well, I... aquired... the DOS version of UFO: Enemy Unknown (I had the CE, just not the DOS version!), and that seems like it'll work, once I restart so alsa can fix itself. But I don't have TFTD/DOS, and I kinda want to be able to play that, eventually, too. Is there any way I can get my hands on the DOS version?

Edited by kyevan