I Cannot Find Any Eleirium-115 (sp?)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:59 PM

I have been on at least 10 missions, including two successful anti-Terror ones.
I still have to find any Eleirium-115 (or whatever) which is used, if I remember
correctly, for making quite a few of the iteresting items.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there anything I can do short of starting a new
game? I am playing on the hardest difficulty with only one save (Ironman) but I
have no idea whether the game has reset to low difficulty, as it used to do in the
ninties, when I last played it.

Or am I just misremembering the existance of the E-115? Mixing it up with
another game? :KooKoo:

Petar

#2 Seraphim

Seraphim

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:28 PM

You'll never get E-115 from anti-terror missions. You get it from landed UFOs, crashed UFOs with intact power sources, or bases with power sources.

Edited by Seraphim, 01 April 2005 - 02:28 PM.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

You'll never get E-115 from anti-terror missions. You get it from landed UFOs, crashed UFOs with intact power sources, or bases with power sources.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info. I guess it is perfectly possible that I never attacked a
landed UFO, and that all the ones I shot down had their engines blown up.

Petar

#4 Rowenstin

Rowenstin

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:38 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info. I guess it is perfectly possible that I never attacked a
landed UFO, and that all the ones I shot down had their engines blown up.

Petar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the same problem before, but youŽll discover they go away once you get the hyperwave decoder. Shoot down ships on terror and infiltration missions, but follow and/or let land abducter, investigation and supply ships, and attack then once landed so youŽre sure they have the power sourcesi ntact. YouŽll soon have lots of elerium.

#5 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:57 PM

Here's a brief guide on UFOs, based on what I know:

Generally, any UFO that doesn't land is on a retaliation mission. If they spot your base, it'll likely be under attack soon.

Large UFOs are either supply ships or terror ships. IIRC, all terror ships will land in a major city, and you won't get Elerium from those missions. Supply ships will land on a base about once a month, and make for easy targets.

Very large UFOs just about always land. If they're low altitude flying at full speed, though, then they're heading directly for one of your bases.

Shooting down a UFO gives it a chance to have its engines explode. Some UFOs have a better chance to have a power source intact than others, depending on the engine layout. Terror ships tend to be the worst, giving all or nothing, and mostly nothing.

Every other UFO lands. UFOs that land have a full load of Elerium. Keep explosives away from the power sources, and you'll get it.
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#6 Mihey

Mihey

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:37 AM

That means no busting the landed ufo with rockets. Rush in with guns and aim away from power sources. Or use stun grenades. ;)

#7 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:21 AM

Well, it's a lot simpler than that.

Rule of thumb:

Don't use high-explosive type weapons near power units. Elerium pods are fragile and get destroyed very easily even to the lightest of explosives. (Before anyone asks - open up your overhead map and pay careful attention to the power units and look for the tell-tale signs. You can quickly identify which units are 'powered')

Destroying the power unit with a non-explosive weapon is okay - the elerium pod is safe and can be picked up and transported around with you for a bit of security, if you are like me and have a fondness for high explosive charges. :) (Won't work in TFTD - the objects the exotic elements are plugged into have a rather explosive quality to them)

- NKF

Edited by NKF, 19 April 2005 - 03:23 AM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#8 Guest_Rafael_*

Guest_Rafael_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:10 AM

Have 2 ways if you got a good tecnlogy :
1- if-you-see-Kay up all ships that apears fast as possible, enter and kill everithing, them leave whit your new stuff.
2- Wait for suply or terror ships and shot them down with machineguns(I personaly prefer the laser ones) them just wait they go out of the ship and kill them.

Reply to this topic