XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Alien Mercenarys

Guest alex the greater

merks would be cool maby we could use my

"sceloid comander walks into the UN building waving a white flag and demanding asilem" idea

Guest alex the greater
well the good alien somehow broke his mind countrool facked his own death and is now out for revenge to the etaerals for enslaving his brouthers (or siblings ratther cause sceloids are asexual)

Guest alex the greater

but this guy woudent be free he will give you the location of a base only if you give him

full citasinship as a citasin of earth whith all rights a human would be intiteld to

and if you give him lots of monney he will give you tech like HWD, psy lab, or xeneim manufacture (which ever you dount have)

Oh, yeah, right, :LOL: like a rogue alien would be interested in money... :LOL:

:stupid:

Good idea about the rulership of a city, we could never give him that, but he could ask all he want. :D

Then again, nothing prevents us from promising him anything just to grab the info O:)

Guest alex the greater

first he would want monney so he can live on earth (he cant live anywhare else he has a 500,000,000credit bounty on his head)

and i never sead anything about him wanting to own a city

Edited by alex the greater

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant he might want rulership of his own domain, like a city, or a tropical island :P

Then again, he probably won't have any concepts for money, not at first anyway, or he'll find it too "primitive"... Maybe he'd barter with Elirium?

Besides, we could hardly provide him with anything remotely to his liking, becasue he'd be at our mercy anytime... and What happens to him after the war? he turns into a freak show??

Guest alex the greater

no not exactly

but he would want to be paid in gold

paying a alien in xeniem would be like paying a human in oill or ureanim

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant he might want rulership of his own domain, like a city, or a tropical island :P

That might be worth something if he had a private army that's loyal to him. But all the aliens are pretty damn convinced that they're going to win. Why would he want an island on a planet owned by an empire he betrayed?

Then again, he probably won't have any concepts for money, not at first anyway, or he'll find it too "primitive"... Maybe he'd barter with Elirium?

What good is xenium if all he has is a plasma rifle?

Besides, we could hardly provide him with anything remotely to his liking, becasue he'd be at our mercy anytime... and What happens to him after the war? he turns into a freak show??

"We don't have to honor your stupid requests, now we're going to dissect you for study." :wave:

Seriously though, even if we win, how does he know we'll honor his requests?

Guest alex the greater

he is trying to hide on earth beacuse

its the cloasists planet not countroled by the aliens

and about the freak show thing one of his conditions was all the civell rights a human is reasosable so he can

own proppraty, not be ensaved, not be treated inhumanly, ect

Gold only have the value you give it... Get lost in the desert with 3 tons of gold and no water, then we'll see you pay a ton of gold for a glass of water :D

Just becasue it's OUR reference for wealth (because it's rare), the aliens might not give it a damn...

And even if he got "civil rights", he's still part of an organisation that officially does'nt exist... Which means he could "diseappear" because he officially never existed. :P

Guest alex the greater

well he can tell if we are lyeing so all he neads it to have us promise

and if he is planing to live on earth than gold is verry usefull

Guest alex the greater

beacuse this ts the only habatibe planet for 1000s of parsecs that isint countroled by the etherals and if he gets caught he will "be vaporised on the spot"

he is not playing whith the winnig side he is on the side that doesint want him dead

Guest alex the greater

he is runnig cause once you beak mind countrol

you have no use left so thay "vaporise you"

and the brakeing mind countrol was a acdent

• 1 month later...

Obviously the alien empire would have detractors and rebels inside. They probably figured out ways to free stronger individuals from the mental control of the Ethereals. Anyone but Ethereals must realize, once the mind cloak is removed, that their kind is subjugated by the empire with little reward. They would try and resist, but doing so on a planet crawling with aliens(Mars) does not make sense. They would join your cause to try and beat back the tide of the aliens on Earth. The ultimate means is to hopefully create a place where their kind can freely proliferate without being mind-controlled.

Here are reasons aliens will help you:

1) They are a liability for the Ethereals.

2) The Ethereals are subjugating their species.

3) If they can help the humans win, then they can try to establish a free colony on Cydonia or Earth.

4) They understand it would take the Empire a few decades to send another mother-ship with appropriate supplies to conquer Earth. By then maybe the alien technology can be given to the humans to create a decent parity.

5) They don't expect to beat back the aliens, but must try anyway now that they know the truth.

• 5 months later...

...Then after the war they can be integraded into society. A few generations later and we have Alien Nation. The sequel could be an buddy action game about a ex-xcorp bad a$$ and a sectoid, 2 cops. I can see the previews now.

In a world where aliens and humans live and work together Joe Carr and Sal Sectoid are caught in the middle of an elerium smuggling ring.

Will Joe Carrs training and gut instincts save the day, or Sal Sectoids technological mastery and psionic skills?

Joe: "Get down! Get to the Avenger!"

Sal: "Die tasty human criminal scum!"

Joe: "Nooo!!!"

Guns: "Bang Bang"

Sal: "ehh, I'm a gonner. Tell my muton.... I love her..."

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

What, mind-controlling the little bastards isn't good enough for you?

God, that takes me back.

My friend and I, both about ten years old, sharing the same office chair, discovering a pistol-grip antenna with a globe of purple goo in it called the Psi Amp. We were almost as excited as when we figured out the Flying Suit. The quote of the day was "how do YOU like it?!"

But if this proposal isn't dead enough yet, I'd like to drive a few more nails into it.

I liked the idea that the alien mindset was a complete mystery to us until the very end. I even wish the Alien Brain didn't have the little screen thing at the end. None of the aliens spoke, negotiated, surrendered, anything, they fought, they died, more came, bigger ones, they fought more, we killed them, analyzed their dead asses, and interrogated them (somehow!) to find out where Cydonia was, and put a clip of plasma into their brain. Or one Blaster Bomb. The reason I love the game now is because it scared the heck out of me as a kid (and it did, oh it did). The aliens were so unreasoning, so...inhuman, so beyond our understanding, absolute in their knowledge that we were there for them to eat and harvest, etc. Those harvester ships gave me nightmares. I STILL hate intercepting them. I still jump when they shoot at me from the dark on a terror site. The biggest comfort of the game was sending their own technology back at them. Hovertanks, for example. Now there was a happy freaking day.

heck, I was happy the day I saw an alien panic for the first time.

MicroProse was asked once if in X-Com 2 (or was it 3) you'd be able to play as the aliens. Their response was basically "heck no" for this reason.

What we see can be scary. Watching Crysslids turn civilians into zombies was scary. But what we don't see is worse. What gave ME nightmares was hearing them do it off somewhere in the night. The day the aliens become familiar, or worse, our 'homeboys,' is the day the game loses half its appeal.

A mod, though?

Not a bad idea...

Edited by Crucible