XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND - COMPLETED MUSIC - New Xenocide Song

the intro is gay???

But.....how can an intro....have...you know......be gay...... with another sequence.... wait. Stupid question :P

Personetly, i think its too annoying for equiptment screen. It needs more...smoothing out...and some more stuff being Background. Its no-good having 5 diffrent tracks all wanting to be the main track. But that just my oppinon.

You should also try to stick with a theme. It seems to be switching alot. Adding to the irritation.

Not to be crude, but this IS constructive criatism.

i quite like this, the way the tracks build onto each other brings up the anticipation. the military style snares are good too.

the second set of drums need to be more impressive though, maybe some reverb or something, and the bass dum-dum-dum-dum sounds a bit naff.

could be good with some work

Edited by hippyjon

The track starts out shaky, but ends up nicely. The bassline in the beginning could use some more effects on it, maybe even add some strings along with it. I'm getting the feeling that you were going for something like the original equipment screen, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I think adding some more complexity to the beginning would work nicely.

As for the dum dum dum dum bassline, I think that actually has a bit too much reverb on it. The snares sound powerful and give a good military feeling. The strings also work nicely.

I could tell in a second you were using an FL Keys for your piano, mainly because I use it myself. ^_^ It has a bit of an asian-esque feel to it, which I like. The synth itself sounds a bit "dry". I myself know it's quite hard to get a good sound out of FL Keys, but experiment with some reverbs and choruses on it, otherwise just transpose it up an octave.

Anyway, hope I've been helpful.

I actually think you could drop the the dum-dum-dum (dumb-dumb-dumb? ^_^ ) base entirely, (perhaps fill it out with some strings if you feel the need). The base is anoying but the rest of it is acually really quite good.

the snares might make it sound like a Close Combat menu screen but I'd really like to hear it without the base if you could post it