XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Few Problems With Beta And Floaters

brian-o

I was playing as floaters and my opponent said that my floaters looked like human civilians.. also the ethereal has a graphic glitch on top of its head when moving

also.. when I chose to not save a replay at the end of a game, it kicks me out of ufo2000 without going to the game stats screen...

also, for some reason I can only have 10 soldiers, when I reinstall the beta, the same 10 soldiers are there but only 10..

your machine seems to be a real magnet attracting all sorts of bugs possible? :P

you always talk about reinstalling the game... do you make really clean reinstalls? (which means deinstalling ALL old stuff before new install, and maybe even manually double checking if there are no files / registry keys left back?)

or do you just install anew overwriting the old stuff?

your machine seems to be a real magnet attracting all sorts of bugs possible? :P

you always talk about reinstalling the game... do you make really clean reinstalls? (which means deinstalling ALL old stuff before new install, and maybe even manually double checking if there are no files / registry keys left back?)

I never erased any of my old stuff for over a year .. I'll be doing that in a week or so when I get a new computer to install it on.. I have some custom map tiles I've been working on installed in my curent version, and I didn't want to have to reinstall every little thing like add on maps and map tiles and stuff, is there some specific files I should erase?

I have 2 speculations:

1) This has to do with your "new" problem in the other thread. Which could be being caused by your version of xcom?

2) I am 90% sure that this is caused by the remote player's xcom version, which I believe is the xcom demo due to that not all the unit files are used in it, namely the ethereal/floaters. I know you would think crc check would prevent this, but since floaters/ethereals are in the internal code and not lua, it can pass it due to that both games (ufo2k beta) contain this internal code. The only thing it would not be able to process correctly would be the images, pointing to other images such as the civilian.

Now if you notice "everybody" this happens to with you, then think about speculation 1.

I never erased any of my old stuff for over a year .. I'll be doing that in a week or so when I get a new computer to install it on.. I have some custom map tiles I've been working on installed in my curent version, and I didn't want to have to reinstall every little thing like add on maps and map tiles and stuff, is there some specific files I should erase?

i didn't talk about a complete wipe.. maybe it would be helpfull some times just to delete your ufo2000 folder, before reinstalling it, to solve some problems. (or to install it some other place than before)

Could be a problem with your XCom version. The mods don't take kindly to piracy, so if you don't have a CD copy I can't officially tell you where to get it. However, cryptic clues are fair game. Google is your friend. Look for HOTU.

I'll give better hints, try local stores under the old software section, try ebay, if all else fails go for abandonware websites. No I won't post links... do you research :P. BTW, ufo defense, TFTD and Apocalypse are sold in a collector's edition pack or something so you can get them 3 at the same time. Happy shopping!

I was playing as floaters and my opponent said that my floaters looked like human civilians.. also the ethereal has a graphic glitch on top of its head when moving

The 3 new units (Floater, Ethereal, Snakeman) all have a minor graphical glitch. Look carefully at the top of their heads when they are facing you. The Ethereal and the Floater heads have been clipped of their pointy top while the Snakeman's is taller.

Could be a problem with your XCom version. The mods don't take kindly to piracy, so if you don't have a CD copy I can't officially tell you where to get it. However, cryptic clues are fair game. Google is your friend. Look for HOTU.

no way jose... I own both xcom1 & 2 .. I've had them for yeeeeaaaarrrsss... my first computer came with both of them. the guy I bought the computer from said that the only reason he owned the computer was for x-com.. I knew I would have to try them after hearing that..

but I didn't install them normally on this computer, I copied a bunch of stuff directly off of my cd's because ufo 2000 wasn't seeing my tftd maps with a normal install.

does the collectors edition with all 3 x-coms have any new features?

also, for some reason I can only have 10 soldiers, when I reinstall the beta, the same 10 soldiers are there but only 10..

Check this: open the ufo2000.ini file with Notepad and at the third end of it, where it says platoon_size, make sure it is set for 15.

Check this: open the ufo2000.ini file with Notepad and at the third end of it, where it says platoon_size, make sure it is set for 15.

Is there an actual set limit of 15, or can it go higher? *curious*

Edited by Exo2000

The Collectors edition doesn't run on XP so I had to download a hacked version that was compatiable with XP even though I own all three games.

Also, I keep getting weird crashes when I use xcomutil, and with regular X-com sometimes my guys dissiapear when I try to move them.

???

Where can I get a copy of the latest UFO2000 Beta? the main site keeps routing me to a page that is written in some language that I can't read.

???

Edited by Blitzen

The Collectors edition doesn't run on XP so I had to download a hacked version that was compatiable with XP even though I own all three games.

Also, I keep getting weird crashes when I use xcomutil, and with regular X-com sometimes my guys dissiapear when I try to move them.

???

Where can I get a copy of the latest UFO2000 Beta? the main site keeps routing me to a page that is written in some language that I can't read.

???

I think the LXNT server is down. Not sure.

???

???

That'd be Russian, then.

And I run X-COM CE perfectly well on XP. :wink1:

English site is http://ufo2000.sourceforge.net/

Exo2000 said

And I run X-COM CE perfectly well on XP. :wink1:

What od you do to run it on XP??? I get 4 garbled screens when I run it.

Nothing, but if it does come up garbled, download http://xcomutil.scotttjones.com/ (XCOM Util) and use f0dder's bugfix when setting it up.

My own X-COM copy is heavily modified via X-COM Util... :D