XCOMUFO & Xenocide

XCom 1 soldier editor?

keybounce

I tend to hand-edit the values myself with MS-Edit in binary mode, but perhaps Jenny's editor or one of Hatfarm's tools will fit your needs. I can talk about the stats though:

Stats are mostly able to reach a max of 255 before they lose their high bit, and wrapping the value back around to 0. You don't need to go that high though.

If you want to max values according to the game's natural limits:

TUs: 80 ~ 81 (base TUs controls how fast your stamina recharges every turn. Set it to 60 for 20 energy recovered/turn)

Health: 60 ~ 61

Energy/Stamina: 100 ~ 101

Strength: 70 ~ 71 (Be very particular about strength. Treat this as the max - you can't physically carry more than this and going higher negatively impacts your throwing ability)

Bravery: 100

Reactions: 100

Firing Accuracy: 120 ~ 125

Throwing Accuracy: 120 ~ 125

Melee Accuracy: 120 ~ 125 (hidden stat, not needed in UFO)

MC Strength: 100

MC Skill : 100 (via combat) ~ 255 (via labs)

You can go a bit higher too, but even a soldier maxed to the game's natural limits can be incredibly effective.

- NKF

I tend to hand-edit the values myself with MS-Edit in binary mode, but perhaps Jenny's editor or one of Hatfarm's tools will fit your needs. I can talk about the stats though:

Thank you.

Sadly, both of those are windows tools, and I'm using Qemu and freedos.

Can you plop a soldier.dat with a super soldier somewhere? Thanks.

(Or, can you explain XComUtil's binary patcher? I can't understand it.)

EDIT: Or maybe not. I just found http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Game_Editors

Edited by keybounce

If it's of any value, here's a soldier.dat from a brand new game with the first soldier beefed up to the legal stat limits. No armour added. Just drop it into any new game.

To be on the safe side, I've unassigned all soldiers from the Skyranger, so don't forget to put them back on.

SOLDIER.zip

- NKF