XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Clicking sound - DOS

Guest Genericata

Guest Genericata
I'm having issues with TFTD's DOS version as found in the XCOM Total Pack found here in which I have a distinct (and maddening) *click* noise when samples loop. All the fixes I've seen seem to be aimed at correcting sound issues in the windows version of the game. Is there a workaround available for the version distributed with the Total Pack?

I'm having issues with TFTD's DOS version as found in the XCOM Total Pack found here in which I have a distinct (and maddening) *click* noise when samples loop. All the fixes I've seen seem to be aimed at correcting sound issues in the windows version of the game. Is there a workaround available for the version distributed with the Total Pack?

Are you using DOSbox or native DOS? I really don't know if this'll help, but if you're using native DOS (or DOS / emulated DOS under a Windows up to XP) try to switch the position of the Soundcard on your motherboard so it gets an INT Line for itself (see motherboard docs for this), if possible. If you have onboard sound, or would first like to try something with less screwing, try to give your soundcard an exclusive IRQ of its own - you'll have to change the Settings in the Device manager as well as in the autoexec.bat. Should you use DOSBox, try to play around with different Settings for the Soundcard, maybe try another Model.

Guest Genericata
I'm running it in the DosBox provided with the package (.72). I've tried moving the IRQ around, changing the sampling rate and channels available already in both TFTD's setup program and DosBox's conf file, as well as disabling music. I've also tried moving it from SB16 (which DosBox had been set to emulate) to an SB Pro, to no effect.