XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Damn You Lobster Man Navigator!

Guest Disturbed

Guest Disturbed

Ok I'm a big fan of every X-com and have beaten all of them many times, but recently while playing TFTD I came across a very annoying proble. TFTD has a very messed up tech tree...do one thing wrong and poof! you're completely screwed over. For example I very carefully climbed my way up the tech tree getting every possible technology that I could until it came time to capture Lobsterman Navigator #1. I downed a lobsterman battleship and blah blah captured the navigator alive and researched him with no problem. But heres the problem I went into an alien colony to capture the second one...stunned him and took him out in a backpack (which I have successfully done with other live aliens) and thought that everything was good. Poof! the navigator dissapeared. I figured that I had messed up somehow and took another alien colony, this time stunning the navigator and killing the rest! again Poof! gone in a cloud of smoke! I tried about 50 different things to remedy this and everytime the navigator mysteriously never reaches my alien containment. Bottom line is you must get both lobsterman navigators in a colony, at least thats the only way it works for me! anyone have this same thing happen? its a royal pain cause you're already so far in the game!

:idea: Oh one more bug that bothers me. M.C. a 4 square alien and for some odd reason you only get a portion of his body under control. scroll through your men and you will find that another alien is also under your control! strange but true!

T'Leth also has some huge glitch that's absolutely hilarious but I can't remember it right now...oh well. Yeah TFTD is fun but way messed up!

1st: you need lobsterman commanders, not navigators, if u want to get t'leth :P

2nd: you can view the whole techtree (and its glitches) here: http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2294 (if you register)

3rd: yes, i think there's a glitch in colonies where everything u get on the 1st/2nd level doesn't go to your base. try putting the stunned alien in one of your soldiers backpacks, or on the lift floor. also remember to check if the alien may have woken up while it "supposedly" was on your backpack. if that also doesn't work, use xcomutil to transfer all items on ground to your base ;)

and... if u don't know what xcomutil is, go to http://xcomutil.scotttjones.com/

Edited by SupSuper

uh yeah... fraid not, you need 2 navigators then a commander! :hammer: i have a tech tree.

well, the navigator should give you Alien Sub Construction or Leviathan or somthing, but u still need the commander for the T'Leth mission info :P

• 6 months later...
Guest Junkbone

uh yeah... fraid not, you need 2 navigators then a commander! :hammer: i have a tech tree.

well, the navigator should give you Alien Sub Construction or Leviathan or somthing, but u still need the commander for the T'Leth mission info :P

Based on the Tech trees I've seen, you two are using different versions. In v.1 you need at least one navigator, in v.2 you need two commanders.

Well, in v2.0, you can do it with one navigator and one commander. The commander's mainly necessary for "T'Leth the Alien's City" (After The Ultimate Threat) and the Leviathan (after getting the Hammerhead). Navigators can also give you "The Ultimate Threat" as long as you've done Alien Origins beforehand. But if you have lots of commanders, then no worries.

Also, the bug where stunned aliens do not pass to the next level: It's not really a bug. What you pick up is really a corpse. But it references an existing unit in the current map's unit table. When you move to the next level, that unit isn't carried over, so the object defaults to being a corpse.

As for the large units: In the original game, each and every quarter could be mind controlled. Every time you mind control it, the TUs get refilled, although the parts still in control can make use of reaction shots. In TFTD, they fixed this, but only partially. You're expected to the mind control the topmost corner (or north-west if you go by your overhead map). This'll control all 4 quarters. But as you go clockwise, parts of it will not get controlled. Worse still, it's buggy as heck. Sometimes, after ending the turn, you'll even suddenly gain permanent control of a large alien you haven't even seen yet. So mind control only the topmost corner to be safe, or don't mind control them at all.

As someone mentioned in another thread, start a new game and save it. Then copy astore.dat (I'm just pulling this from memory here) from this savegame into your old savegame and this'll wipe out your containment for all the bases and make it as if it were a clean slate. Your completed research and your production capabilities will remain the same.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Guest tyler
Haven't tried astore.dat, but the research.dat seems to work. oddly enough I've a crackpot crazy theory that if you have any of the require research outstanding, normally on a 'Oops i started some research in a base with no scientists' sort of way it screws everything up. On a plus point having to research everything again gives you something to do whilst you train up some MC strong aquanaugts