XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Game Bug

Wulfyn

Hi,

I am using Win98se, Direct X8.0, on an ATI Rage 128 Graphics Card.

I have downloadd the exe and data from sourceforge, as well as the uf2000.zip file posted by Peter on another topic in this board. I copied all the info into the relevant section, so I have a directory games/ufowin where the game is stroed. All data is in /sound, /geodata etc - the relevant place.

The files ufo2000.exe and ufo2000-01.3.51.exe are both in the /game/ufowin directory, the same one as ufo.exe is in. As far as I can see, from message posts etc, this is all corect. (NB Please compile this all into one place and make a readme with installation instructions, even the smallest tips on where to put files is really really helpful).

Anyway - I have tried running both of those .exe files. The second makes a line of dots draw along the top of the screen and then my monitor goes black (and makes the sound it does when switching to a different resolution). This black screen is irrecoverable, and I had to warm boot. The same problem occurs when I ran ufo2000.exe, except there was not a line of dots drawn.

My friend has also downloaded the same files, and he got exactly the same problem. He also is running Win98se with DirectX 8, but has a Voodoo 5500 graphics card.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...