XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Life Detector

Let me introduce my new... LIFE DETECTOR.

It can show you how many aliens are out there. Also, newer version - Advanced Life Detector - will show you what alien race is there, and also what direction are they.

So, who will buy it first?

• 8 months later...

Actually, the picture is way too big in order to know what it would detect. What is life? What lives? Plants live, as far as I know. So, you'd have to be more specific, like, organisms with chromosoms or something particular. I'm not a textwriter here at Xenocide so, I'm not quite able to put it into the right context but... maybe it's a device that can recognize the origin of neural activity. ;) What do you think?

cheers,

ATeX

I'd imagine then that perhaps it could be another item that's using psi in some way. Brainwaves are probably the ultimate dectector when you have psi and you know what your looking for (i.e. distinguishing alien brainwaves from terrestrial human or animal brainwaves).

My guess is use some amalgomation of whatever tech the psi amp utilizes to project attack, only you twist it around slightly for a new detection device (toning down all the attack stuff of the amp). Cheaper than the amp, but more expensive than the standard motion scanner with same approximate range. It could give away alien positions in a given radius just beyond line of sight for your men. Slap on a cost of say 40%-50% TUs or more if necessary to balance things more.

I just think that at the cost of revealing an enemy position with this thing, perhaps the soldier should only be able to use it once per turn.