XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Cydonia Mod.

uncy

Hello guys!

I have a little something for those of you who wanted to play X-Com as the "Bad guys". It may also be a good experience for anyone I believe :P

No need for instructions, just install the files in your UFO EU folder. Make sure you have a backup.

Thanks Zombie for the advises about the Mod ;)

And please! tell me your suggestions and comments!

post-9724-1226908588_thumb.jpg

post-9724-1226913970_thumb.jpg

post-9724-1227220273_thumb.png

post-9724-1227220279_thumb.png

post-9724-1227220285_thumb.png

post-9724-1227260985_thumb.png

post-9724-1227343016_thumb.png

Cydonia_MOD.zip

Edited by uncy

Interface is much better now uncy. :)

However, when I start a mission and get the Round 1 screen and then click the mouse button the thing just crashes to the desktop. I even downloaded patch.dll to use for the mod but still no dice. Whatever method I used to start the tactical mission always resulted in a crash. :(

- Zombie

Interface is much better now uncy. :)

However, when I start a mission and get the Round 1 screen and then click the mouse button the thing just crashes to the desktop. I even downloaded patch.dll to use for the mod but still no dice. Whatever method I used to start the tactical mission always resulted in a crash. :(

- Zombie

Oh! I'm sorry again... I keep thinking everyone has to run X-Com with the patch.

I just corrected the executable so it asks you to select your "Tactical" executable... you must use the one provided with the Mod.

The crash could be that you did not assign units to the current mission... The other possibility is that maybe you still have a DIRECT.DAT file in your MISSDAT folder, that avoids creating the new tactical mission, I will allow the application to eliminate this file before starting a mission.

Well, I hope you get to play now ;)

Zombie, please can you do something for me?, I just can't get my configuration to take screenshots from the gameplay. I would love if you could take some shots just like you did with the Doom Mod... Thanks.

Uncy

Edited by uncy

Yup, direct.dat was present. I didn't know that would prevent me from starting a mission though...

Aaaanyhow, I took some screenies of some various missions. Didn't do to well though. Even my buddies the Ethereals didn't help much when you are up against 20+ aliens. Chryssalids with guns? Say it ain't so! Not only that, but they turned most of my men into "blobs" of some sort. LOL

CryptBase.png Command_Center.png Avenger.png

- Zombie

Haha! Chryss with guns! that's messy! I still need to polish that Enemy AutoEquip function ...

I wanted to add Chryss as an electable soldier... But I can get him to have a Melee weapon unable to be thrown... Can you imagine a way out this problem???

I also wanted to know if it would be a good idea to add the 2x2 units, like tanks and sectopods... It is just that I personally don't like them very much...

Also, since the game only has about 9 possible different looking units, I was thinking of allowing the game to have a bigger pool of units, including ones from TFTD and maybe new ones... Since the executable will not accept more entries for units, we can have a maximum number of 6 different units per mission, but an infinite number of different species in the game... I think about that ;)

Thanks for the screenshots! How do you get them??? PrintScreen key?

Let me give an advice :P Start with a small team, preferably mutons, edit the number of enemies so the missions are not THAT difficult (maybe 10 units or so). Your units will increase their stats this way a lot faster. I included an experience based function that increases stats every mission, according to what your sodier did during the tactical mission. I just need some advice in regard to the maximun a unit can get for each stat...

I also would like help in the variance of stats for every difficulty level, for the moment, I increase them arbitrarely in %...

Let me know about your suggestions,

Uncy

Edited by uncy

Not only that, but they turned most of my men into "blobs" of some sort. LOL

- Zombie

Ah! I forgot! I made that new zombie! hahah I guess it is not your kind... But it was the only design that could apply to ALL Units... doesn't it??? hehehehe...

post-9724-1227090700_thumb.jpg

Edited by uncy

Until we find where the melee attack functions are found in the executable, I'm afraid the Chryssalid and Zombie have to keep them.

I didn't really notice the lack of 2x2 units. In fact, it's probably better you leave them out all together since quite a few of your map designs will not allow them to travel anywhere but the main level.

I take screenshots with the F12 key. Printscreen usually doesn't work properly with the palettes in-game.

As for the variance in stats, I think your approach is fine. :)

By the way, I have an issue in the "Your Units" tab. First, you spelled "assign" wrong on top of the assignment screen. "Double" too. ;) Also, same area, there is room for only 5 unit icons on the screen but the 6th unit is hidden offscreen somewhere (I remember this working fine in your last version so it's probably an oversight when you made the area smaller).

On the "Equipment" tab I successfully removed everything from the "On Mission" field and the program crashed (this was in your last iteration, your current version seems to prevent this from happening). The way it is now, I can't remove everything: at least one item has to remain in that field at all times. Would be nice to "wipe the slate clean" every once and a while to add a different weapon kit. Following on this, removing a lot of the same items is tedious as I have to click x times to shift them to the next field. Don't know if anything can be done to make this easier. ^_^

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

Interesting...adding new units to x-com...I swear that's the main reason why I was interested in UFO2000 in the first place, besides multiplay. Awesome.

Uh, is that new zombie just a stretched out silacoid (sp?).

You got me! ;)

Yes, I couldn't come up with any other "Alien" creature that would apply a Zombified state for all Aliens... I looked at the silacoid... the silacoid looked at me, and we were thinking the same thing... So I streched it up, and I put some make over... :)

Uncy

I just upgraded the Mod... Some new features are:

- Savegame in different slots (just like UFO does), and also allows you to load Tactical Missions that were saved with the Mod...

- Corrected the bug that gave Chryssalids plasma guns.

- Added a Mission counter for each Soldier

Please let me know any other bug ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ooooh! Come on everybody! I can't believe such few people have actually played the mod! Nevermind, I think the only one that has played it is Zombie!

Where is NFK? and Stewart, and J'Ordos... and many other I thought would love this application! :( perhaps I was too delusional :S

Not delusional, it's just that these are hard times and people don't have as much free time as they used to. :)

Nevertheless, the mod looks very nice, and Zombie is the best tester so you don't have anything to worry about ;)

Edited by kafros

I see... I guess now that most X-Com players are over 20 years old and working... I know things are tough in the US, hopefully Mr. Obama will bring change ;)

Thanks for the answer krafos!

I haven't really had the time to test the new version out due to a computer problem, uncy. Let me give it a whirl this weekend again to see if there are other issues which need to be cleaned up. ;)

- Zombie

• 10 months later...

Hello!

I am resurrecting this topic since I have some news about the Cydonia-Mod for UFO.

The main goal of this mod, I would rather say expansion, is to allow you to command alien units, crafts and bases. The principle is pretty much the same as in Geoscape, with a few important differences though.

The plot is the following. You start out controlling a small crew of sectoid desserters/rebels. You have to survive with a "pirate" reputation, hijacking and plundering bases and landed crafts, eventually shoot other crafts down! (check interception picture). The empire will have a price for you head.

About the expansion:

I made 1on1 air combat a bit more interesting allowing you to "strafe" your craft sideways to evade plasma shots.

When constructing a base, adding modules is exactly like in Geoscape, only that Sectoid bases have many "improvements" - instead of researches. If you develop a line of improvements for Snakemen (i.e. breeding time, better hp and stun resistance)... It may not be cheap to develop many lines of improvements.

I have many other "researches" in mind (even sectopods manufacturing), but I would like more ideas from you.

Also there is a whole new set of maps and maptypes, using TFTD and UFO titles to bring a new feeling to the tactical game. Check the "Alien Command Base" picture.

I will remake some map modules, since I only have 2x2 modules for now, which makes the game a little bit more repetitive, even if the modules are shuffled every time.

This is for now, I will keep you updated, I still have to draw some buttons and backgrounds... but most of the work is done...

Thanks 4 the time ;)

post-9724-1257260375_thumb.jpg

post-9724-1257260384_thumb.jpg

post-9724-1257260490_thumb.jpg

post-9724-1257260499_thumb.jpg

Edited by uncy

I still haven't been able to make a function that "detects" if a base to be dismanteled is connected or not to the main lift... It is driving me crazy...

Here is a list of the researches or improvements I want to add to the modules. These are just ideas, i would appreciate if anyone suggests new ones or if you see that any of these improvements are redundant or just stupid ;) please comment!

Module: Research/Improvement

Cryogenics Improve Healing Speed

Cryogenics Health Sphere Technology

Cryogenics Reduce Soldier Decay

Cryogenics Allow Soldier Convertion

Genetics Improve Sectoid Reactions

Genetics Improve Sectoid Accuracy

Genetics Improve Sectoid Psi Skill

Genetics Improve Floater HP?

Genetics Improve Muton HP

Genetics Improve Snakeman Speed

Genetics Floater DNA

Genetics Muton DNA

Genetics Snakeman DNA

Genetics Sectoid DNA

Genetics Reproduction Technology

Implant Improve Floater Device

Implant Muton Multiple Organs

Implant Sectoid Psi Resistance

Implant Floater Psi Resistance

Implant Snakeman Psi Resistance

Implant Muton Psi Resistance

Implant Improve Night Vision

Implant Advanced Implant Technology

Implant Biological Technology

Implant Psi Resistance Technology

Incubator Muton (create unit)

Incubator Mutons (3)

Incubator Mutons (5)

Incubator Sectoid

Incubator Sectoids (3)

Incubator Sectoids (5)

Incubator Floater

Incubator Floaters (3)

Incubator Floaters (5)

Incubator Snakeman

Incubator Snakemen (3)

Incubator Snakemen (5)

Incubator Allow Multiple Production

Manufacture Equipment - Health Sphere

Manufacture Equipment - Grenades (10)

Manufacture Equipment - Plasma Pistol Clip (5)

Manufacture Equipment - Plasma Pistol

Manufacture Equipment - Plasma Pistol (5)

Manufacture Equipment - Plasma Pistol (15)

Manufacture Craft - Medium Scout

Manufacture Craft - Small Scout

Manufacture Craft Manufacturing

Manufacture Improve Manufacturing Cost/Time

Manufacture Improve Craft Detection Range

Manufacture Improve Snakeman Armour

Manufacture Unit - Cyberdisc

Manufacture Unit - Sectopod

Manufacture Improve Craft Weapons

Manufacture Improve Craft Armour

Manufacture Improve Plasma Technology

Militia Sectoid Militia

Militia Floater Militia

Militia Muton Militia

Militia Snakeman Militia

Militia Improve Sectoid Training

Militia Improve Floater Training

Militia Improve Muton Training

Militia Improve Snakeman Training

Some of these are requirements for other researches, just like in UFO.

I will add the cost and research time once all researches are done.

cheers

post-9724-1257447682_thumb.png

Edited by uncy

I am also thinking about adding Sectoid Scientists to your bases, they will act as civilians if your base is attacked... Just the idea, please comment too ;)

Does it include battlescape graphics for the Muton Commander unit or is that picture only for the inventory screen and during battlescape it uses the regular muton sprites (I've been looking for those graphics for a long time)?

Edit: nvm, just noticed your avatar. Nice :)

Edit2: what are the dimensions of the /UNITS pck files? I'm tryin to use PCKView to check the graphics but the image dimensions are of a different format than the old game ones

Edited by Hobbes

Does it include battlescape graphics for the Muton Commander unit or is that picture only for the inventory screen and during battlescape it uses the regular muton sprites (I've been looking for those graphics for a long time)?

Edit: nvm, just noticed your avatar. Nice :)

Edit2: what are the dimensions of the /UNITS pck files? I'm tryin to use PCKView to check the graphics but the image dimensions are of a different format than the old game ones

Yes, I know that problem... The dimensions are the same. The PCK file editor has a serious bug. When adding new images, it doesn't add the FF at the end of each sprite, so the game displays ALL images when playing. I corrected this by drawing 3 EF pixels at the end of each picture, so later i can replace them for FF's. That allowed me to use the new units in the game ;)

I get around this problem because I have all the images in one big bmp picture... If you want I can send you the images for the unit you are looking for.

Note: The download is actually a older version from the Mod, I havent released the CydoniaScape yet (soon I hope).

Note2: oh! notice also that sectoids and mutons can kneel!

Note3: I forgot also to add that I made an armored sectoid, but I am not sure to add it to the game... Many just love naked setoids...

MUTON_COM.bmp

Edited by uncy

Well, here is one...

photo-9724.gif

I also want to add Chryssalids to be controlled by the player... But I cannot give them a wpn that they can't drop...

I played the demo before getting my hands on UFO, I used to hate so much those chryssalids...

Well, here is one...

photo-9724.gif

I also want to add Chryssalids to be controlled by the player... But I cannot give them a wpn that they can't drop...

I played the demo before getting my hands on UFO, I used to hate so much those chryssalids...

You got a bigger pic? That one is too tiny to make out any detail.

At least you knew what Chryssalids were before playing the full game... those things still give me the creeps everything I play...

Is the archive in the first post up-to-date?

No. The file in the first post is a Test for the Mod i made a year ago. You can play many missions from the mod, create soldiers and equipment.

I want to release the latest CydoniaScape soon.

Well, here is one...

photo-9724.gif

You got a bigger pic? That one is too tiny to make out any detail.

At least you knew what Chryssalids were before playing the full game... those things still give me the creeps everything I play...

Nope, but I will make one if the armored sectoid is a go. ;)

Sectoids are too weak, I made them the fastest learning creatures, for the best fire acc and reactions, but they just die so easily...

I am also wondering if I should add new units from TFTD. It's not that hard, but again it takes the game out of the UFO theme... just a thought.

It takes the game out of the UFO theme.

Yes, sometimes I just let myself go wild in imagination... I gotta finsh this first :)

Thanks for the quick call back to earth (I don't know if this expression makes sense) :P