XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Group Bunkers Maps

Blehm 98

OK, I'll tell you how to break in. Lob some grenades through the windows on the first floor, which will breach the containment field on the elerium generators, which will detonate. The fuel barrels on the ground floor should also detonate, creating a massive breach in the right hand side of the corridor. They can then pour in.

What he said

so UFO doors don't open, that sucks

I have a few more, and i edited some of teh other maps to look like someone has already done a failed assault on them(parts of certain walls are missing and instead have the broken wall thing)

I also changed a different map to look like a destroyed bunker, with a few heavily damaged walls here and there, but mostly open and such

yes, i know about a few maps being messed up, i'm going through them all, just make sure to have the order i put, although it seems it would have been smarter to go ROADS, U_BASE, U_WALL02, URBAN

OK, here's my contribution :)

Bunker 13 - Maximum Security Vault

The ground level contains the vault room, surrounded by thick walls and several layers of Diasteel ® alloy armor. One can try to "dig in" with the heaviest of weapons, but it won't be easy.

Some stairs, guarded by firing holes, lead up to the main entrance.

The first floor consists of the main defensive facilities, meant to fight the enemy team while it approaches. The thick build of the windows prevents intrusion, but limits firing ability close to the walls.

The room anear the main lift guards it on this level and gives access to another guard post below.

On the second floor are the main lift access, surveillance camera terminals and some control and life support facilities. Attackers enering through the main entrance can be fired upon from all directions. Those coming from the roof will also be rather exposed.

Last but not least, the roof does no only keep out the rain, but also shots from most weapons. Cover around the lifts will aid the defenders in case of a roof attack.

Problems :angry:

- The doors, open or closed, appear open in the game and won't move.

- The stairs are too weak and can be destroyed, blocking the main entrance.

Oh, elevators? Didn't think of that!

No really, the stairs look cooler. And most of all, people have to face a certain direction when walking the stairs - so they get shot in the back on lvl 2. *g*

But if you like elevators, have a look at this map I just quickly put together.

It's pretty hard to take without flying suits.

And I don't know what it is or does, but I like it. :)

Bunker 14 - Disc Thing

Lift

Main

Roof

Edited by Violazr

make sure you all have the same Area51 versions :)

yes, the stairs will do that, try and make stairs in places where destroying them won't be a severe problem or damage the defenders ability to defend

I use mostly elevators mostly because i only recently installed Area51(for some reason remeniscent fort maps are still hanging around the terror site and for some strange reason FARM maps) and because you can't just destroy elevators

WOHOOO!

At last, after 111 posts, I'm a forum member! :righton:

Now I can ATTACH the maps test terrain! (see below)

Now, about this project...

1) What is the terrain going to look like?

One 4-level bunker takes rather long to conquer. Even in a 6x6 map, two bunkers would be the most.

Picking up the initial idea of a city surounding the bunkers, I thought it would be good to always have a "last stronghold in a war" theme - one random 20x20 bunker in the middle, surrounded by rather open maps with only the remains of destroyed buildings.

Those would be center-focussed maps for hold/control/assassination.

2) We have a standard for tilesets now, but we need some more.

- All bunker maps should be the same size. Most are 20x20, so let's make that a standard form now on.

- We need to agree on a standard ground tile for map borders. I used sidewalk (#114), but road or large tiles (#177) would also be an option.

3) Custom Tilesets.

I could edit the tileset files to adjust some properties like we need them, e.g. making those stairs stronger, or correcting an error in the U_Base tiles (the back quarter part of the green container has 200 health).

But those changes would apply to all maps of that terrain.

Please tell me if you agree with this. I don't mean to tell anyone what to do - just trying to get things sorted.

bunkers.zip

Edited by Violazr