9 replies to this topic

#1 Manski

Manski

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 02:37 PM

I need to capture a live alien Commander to research Cydonia so i took out an alien base using small launchers. In the mission results screen, it says i've recovered live aliens but when i try to research them immediately after the mission, they arent in the list of research projects! The live aliens also dont appear on the list of transferrable items. I cant complete the game without them! Any ideas anyone, its doing me head in!? Ive got the gold edition with the xcom1fix, running on XP
:hammer:

#2 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 02:54 PM

You're sure you have captured a commander? 'live aliens captured' doesn't mean you have a live commander.

Edited by j'ordos, 31 July 2003 - 03:13 PM.

"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#3 Manski

Manski

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 03:03 PM

I will have to re-run the mission and check. Will let u know!!

#4 Manski

Manski

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 03:50 PM

I just thought, even if there wasnt a commander at a base, I should still be able to research the other recovered live aliens?

Anyway, I've just experimented by sending out troops from a base where i had scientists (in my first post, the troops where from a base where I had no scientists). Equipped with with Small launchers, they did the job, recovered all 18 live aliens and bingo, one of them was a Commander. There's still a bug though 'cos I stunned 3 chryssalids but they didnt appear on the research projects list? Doesnt matter, I can research Cydonia now, problem solved!!

:D

#5 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 03:53 PM

Maybe you have already researched them?
Posted Image

#6 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 03:54 PM

Oh and also, can you tell me how you got XCOM 1 to run on XP!!!!???
Posted Image

#7 Manski

Manski

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 04:21 PM

Yes, I already researched Chryssalid but it's still a bug cos I still get the option to research 20 Muton Soldiers i've accumulated over past missions, despite already having researched them!!

U mean u STILL havent got it working on XP yet??? It took me ages but it was well worth it, I just followed the instructions in the forum FAQ pages, applied the fix and added the musfixdll file, i even changed the 'chopper whoop whoop' battle music as suggested by someone. The game's not perfect (the game sometimes crashes to the desktop) but at least I dont ever see the dreaded Green Text Crash screen I recall seeing in old dos versions!!!

#8 GreatGold

GreatGold

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 852 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:05 PM

Also, make sure you turned OFF DirectDraw.
---
Rule #33:
Celatid venom is a paralytic nerve toxin, not 'happy juice".

---
Posted Image

#9 LouisdeFuines

LouisdeFuines

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

The problem is known to me, yes that`s a bug.

But to your relief:
It can be fixed easily:

Just patch the game up to V1.4, this patch has this problem solved.

#10 ranst4038

ranst4038

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

I think it's the square they are lying on. The single row of green exit between the red lift and wall is no good.
Maybe it's any square that you can't see 100% of. And holding them with a soldier doesn't work either.

"I would like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next 10 generations that some favors come with too high a price.
I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me? Mr Morden"
Vir Coto 2nd season; In the shadow of Z'ha'dum

Reply to this topic