XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Forum Upgrade

Micah

Is the following the desired working of the boards?

I log in, log out, log in again; get nothing from the "view new posts", all icons show "no new posts". When I go deeper into the forum structure, I find brand new posts, marked with the orange square (with correct "first unread" positions), but in some cases the subforum icons showed "no new posts" and in some cases "new posts".

edit: new experience, I read the new posts, click on "mark all stuff as read", and get the same thread in "view new posts" (marked correctly as completely read). Edited by centurion

I went back and read your post again.

If you log-in, log-out, then log-in, there are no "new" posts, just "unread" ones; what am I missing here?

There should be those darker blue icons next to the forums that contain them, and they weren't there.

edit: the false positives are gone now.

edit2: in fact, the old false positives are gone, but new false positives have materialized. Edited by centurion

The dark blue forum icons indicate new posts. If you logout then login they are no longer "new" just "unread" and so not market. "New" since you LAST visited.

Does this help?

Yes, but I observed the thing during going "down" the subforum tree, so it really could be somebody posting exactly then.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='RustedSoul' date='Aug 12 2004, 08:53 PM']LOL sorry micah one more attachment

.xm
[right][post="90330"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
oh, and puas attached a .mp_ somewhere for some reason, also not allowed. :)