XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Cryssalids

websee

• 4 years later...
Ithink that if there will be cryssalids in xenocide, there should be a cure that can be applyed to a drone in 2 rounds to cure it.

[A cure for Cryssalid impregnation has also been talked about under 'Medikits']. What I would like to suggest is a slightly more 'real' approach to Cryssalid impregnation. Namely that after someone is hit by a Cryssalid the effect is NOT instantaneous but takes 1, poss 2 maybe even 3 rounds to completely turn the hapless creature into a zombie. During this time the person would do the usual 'berserk' or 'panic' [plus some nice foaming at the mouth and uncontrolable shaking!]

I do also think that a temporary medikit 'cure' would be a good idea and you would now have 1,2 or 3 rounds to get there and administer the zombie suppressant (Would need to have been researched). Of course it would take several rounds to recover back to 'normal' and would still be 'Wounded' + of course it wouldn't get rid of the egg which would need to be surgically removed on return to base (possibly a risky operation). I disgree this would make things 'too easy' as a berserk or panicked soldier is never 'easy' and they would be out of action for several rounds and wounded.

Final thought [also mentioned under medikit] is that armour, esp. a Power suit should give some protection against impregnation (if it doesn't anyway?).

Edited by DarthLuca