XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Running Fine On Radeon

Guest TyroneJackson

Guest TyroneJackson
I read about this project in Computer Games Magazine and I thought it sounded great.
I've downloaded Xenocide Alpha 3.0 and it worked just fine.
I have
Pentium 4 2.5
MSI motherboard
512 DDR 333 RAM
ATI Radeon 9000 pro 64 RAM

I have the newest drivers for everything.

My highest frame rate was 104 and while rotating the map it leveled out at 101.

The only problem (not sure if it is) when I clicked on options it took me back to my desktop.

This is an great project you are taking on and I think it is great.
X-com was the first game I bought for my computer.
Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
This not work for me.
I have a radeon 7500 width the latest driver and DirectX 9.

When I try to start the game, a dos windows apear, the resolution change, then bring me back to my desktop.

Here is the contents of the file "Engine Report.txt"

-- Log Begin

Error found: Uknown error.
-- Log Begin

Continue to work ! This seem to be a great game !

[quote name='Guest' date='Jun 1 2003, 06:37 PM']This not work for me.
I have a radeon 7500 width the latest driver and DirectX 9.

When I try to start the game, a dos windows apear, the resolution change, then bring me back to my desktop.

Here is the contents of the file "Engine Report.txt"

-- Log Begin

-- Log Begin

Continue to work ! This seem to be a great game ![/quote]
Sorry to tell you that Radeon 7500 do not support fragment shaders only 8500 and bigger can run Xenocide.

Greetings
Red Knight

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Acenoid
Hey there,

Just checked out the latest geoscape alpha and wanted to confirm that it runs fine on my Ati Radeon 9600 TX.

Computer Specs: Intel @2.61 Ghz, WinXP (home) + SP1, 512 Ram

Hope that your game will be more successful than matrix when it is ready :)

Take care

// acenoid

I recently tried the alpha on my radeon 9000 pro, and after a brief black screen it returned to the desktop. 'Unknown error' was generated in the error reports, otherwise nothing. Eventually it will work I'm sure. I'm glad to hear that some of the radeon cards are working, good work RK!

You should download the catalyst drivers, but dont worry I am modifing the engine to make it work right in my Radeon 9100 so a fix is already scheduled... By the way in the new iteration I will avoid using the CG runtime library.

Greetings
Red Knight

BWAHAHAHA!!! :devillaugh:

It works! :happybanana: This is using the catalyst 3.2 drivers.

And the music is nice too!

• 1 month later...
Guest OogieBoogie
Yet another Radeon support! The game runs successfully, but with a few minor issues.

I am running the program with a All-in-Wonder Radeon 8500 128MB card using the Catalyst 3.4 Drivers (6.14.10.6343).

System Specs:
Duron 1200 on K7S5A Motherboard
512MB PC100 SDRAM
Sound Blaster Audigy

The game runs at ~100 fps.

Problems:
1. I don't know if you guys have the space background working yet, but it doesn't appear.
2. There is an unusual black line across the pacific, like the planet texture wasn't stretched all the way. (Go [url="http://www.geocities.com/n_mezza/files/xenocide.jpg"]here[/url] [url="http://www.geocities.com/n_mezza/files/xenocide.jpg"]http://www.geocities.com/n_mezza/files/xenocide.jpg[/url] to see a picture of it)
3. The land seems a little discolored. (this may just be my opinion)

Also the "Engine Assertion Out.txt" contains:
User Assertion Message: The allocated Unique Object IDs (UIDs) freed is not the same as the allocated UIDs. Posible resource leak..
Assert Condition: (signed int) recycledIDs.size () == currentIDCounter found in I:\Programacion\3dengine.cvs\gdsengine\src\kernel\objectresources.cpp, 21

The resource leak could be a problem, so I thought I would include it.

Great job so far! I look forward to replaying my favorite DOS game actually using features of my video card rather than disabling it totally! Also, kudos to the composer of the bg music.

Thanks for the information. The link to the pic is dead, can you post an updated one? The texture not being stretched all the way around the globe has been a problem that a few other people have reported, but none of them have offered a pic, so it would be nice to get one. The back ground stary picture should be there....

edit: got the pic now. Thanks