XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Different Versions Of Geoscape

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Hey guys. Love the site, love the work. Lookin' sharp!

Just got a few comments...

I've been noticing the differences in the screenshots section, how you have been toying around with different ideas. I like the weather pattern idea (as previously discussed in this forum), but I think that could be needless problems.

I do in fact, LOVE the idea of using that famous photo of the world at night, with the lights and eveything. The integration between the regular photo for the geoscape and the night photo is excellent (http://www.projectxenocide.com/art/geo/17-320.jpg). I really hope that one makes your final cut.

Also, what were your thoughts on 360 degree rotation functions, instead of just up, down, left and right? I think that would be a great addition, along with rotation speed modification (sometimes it goes just too fast), and maybe a "Center on Equatorial Plane" button which kind of centers the view.

I also LOVE what you guys are thinking of the new Firestorm/Avenger/Lightning crafts. The UFO-like design of the Lightning always bugged me, I like yours!

Anyways, glad I dropped by. I'm pretty active in XTC, I'm writing a fanfic and keep it posted there, check it out if you have some free time. Thanks guys, and good job!

For the love of everything that is great, I cannot log into this damn site. Sorry, but I've seriously logged in like 20 times and it just takes me back unlogged in. Real great. Anyways, that last post was from me, so, yeah.

::curses:: :cussing:

[quote name='Fox' date='Jun 21 2003, 06:18 AM']For the love of everything that is great, I cannot log into this damn site.  Sorry, but I've seriously logged in like 20 times and it just takes me back unlogged in.  Real great.  Anyways, that last post was from me, so, yeah.

::curses:: :cussing:[/quote]
I have that problem with IE on school comps :(
Edit: You know what XTC sounds like if you say it :naughty: Edited by LordT

The really odd thing about Fox's problem is that both XTC and xcomufo use Invision Board forums. Fox: I use both with no problem. Try playing with your cookies (but don't be too rough)

The weather-pattern concept pics will probably not make the final cut for the first release of the game, most likely for the "needless problems" you are thinking of.

Yeah, I was able to log in now. :D

The difference between XTC (yes, it does make a funny word when said fast :naughty:) is that in XTC you can't post as a guest. You have to register. Maybe it could take care of the problem if you didn't alloy people to post as a guest?

Guests are only allowed to post in certain areas, including the Xenocide Technical Help forum and the xcom games tech help forums. The former allows guest posting in order to encourage people to ask us questions or give us feedback about the alphas. If you want to post anywhere else, or even if you want to see some of the other forums, you have to register. So far it has not been much of a problem...