XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Need Some Technical Help

jwj442

Check in the txts that the program generate, but i bet that Sis Video Cards do not have the required OpenGL Extensions...

The next time use the feedback form, and someone will contact you if your question is not in the FAQ....

Greetings
Red Knight

[quote name='jwj442' date='Mar 4 2003, 10:48 PM']In my engine report file, it says a lot of stuff about OpenGL extensions. So do I need another video card, or is there anything else I can try?

Also, where is the FAQ?[/quote]
The FAQ will be posted soon, Micah has a nice one sended to me for corrections.

About the card, yes that card is very outdated for today standards (let alone when we release the game in aprox 2 years).

Greetings
Red Knight

I sent a reply to you a couple of days ago, jwj, letting you know that i did some research on your video card (which I had never heard of) and determined that it is indeed outdated and does not support the opengl extensions the program needs to run. As the minimum system requirements on the download pages tells you, the minumum acceptable video card is a Geforce2 32mb.

Well, I figured it meant Geoforce 32meg or equivalent, I didn't realize that it actually had to be a Geforce. But luckily, my dad is a computer repairman and the other day he got a Geforce3 64meg for a really low cost from a customer, and gave it to me. So now I can run it after all.

Great! Also, the faq is now online, here:
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/xenocide/xenofaq.html"]Xenocide FAQ[/url]
Please submit new feedback here so I can update your information in the database.
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/xenocide/feedback/"]Feedback form[/url]

• 2 months later...
Guest Jim69
It's not just that the card is outdated, I have a recent SIS video card 64mbs, it just that they STILL don't support OpenGL, and in fact don't seem to support much. Basically they are a cheap way of selling motherboards for a more ridiculous price as this and an sound card are embedded in SIS motherboards.