XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X com 4 and 5?

Guest Scipio

Guest Scipio
So how come nobody has even mentioned X-com interceptor? I heard it was bad, so I never played it, but I was wondering what you guys thought? Also what did you guys think of that X-Com FPS that came out recently? (Last year or two I think.) Can't remember what it was called. Maybe Enforcer?

there was Interceptore, i never understod how to play it, so... i cant say if its great or no, without knowing how to build on the station, u find it tha it sucks..

enforcer i played it , i finnished it easely, and thats it, never touched it again,

IMO, enforcer was made to practice the programming of the real Xcom-5 Alliance...

i dont know about others, but i dont recommend those 2

Btw.. what ever happened with Alliance... did they released it??

i stoped reading its newss from a loooooong time ago...

Alliance kicks a$$

It was a kill them all game:

You control a craft and shoot a lot of alien craft down.

After each mission, your scientist discover something and you can improve your craft.

No research.

No management.

Just see and kill before you got killed.

I never played it, but it was what the paper said

Guest stewart

I never saw the game either, but perhaps some people might have liked it (perhaps if it was their first XCOM).

But maybe, since were piling ideas on our remake idea, as part of multiplayer, you could have the option to be a pilot instead of a soldier. Maybe by using the air combat concepts from interceptor we could make the air to air engagement interesting enough that people would want to play pilots.

And while we're at it each side could have someone play the overall commander, he doesn't fight he just manages and spends the money (I'd actually have fun doing that) well maybe he can run the tanks or something.

Someone: "Come on Stewart buy more soldiers for christs sake, we're gettin' killed out here!"

Me: "Money doesn't grow on trees you know, fight harder, girls!"

Yeah that'd be great!

Guest stewart
Image if there was a team leader roll in that sense. That part of the enjoyment for everyone one your team is your responcibility. The pressure you would be under might be interesting, but then again I love spot complex calculus exams.

• 3 months later...

I played it. It was...OK. Nothing great, but not horrible either.

The actual combat (space flight combat) was very tough, but for the wrong reasons (i.e. the controls were very difficult and you didn't "feel" like you were flying a spacecraft...at least compared to WC Prophesy, etc.) It was cool to build your spacestation and alien raids on them were pretty fun (get to see all your laser and other emplacements in action) and the game itself was a novel concept in terms of blending strategy and action.

• 6 months later...

Xcom interceptor was entertaining but I feel it wasn't really like a real flight sim (freespace, freelancer, wing commander, etc.)

Since I don't have a joystick, I had to rely on my men to kill all of the aliens. But damn they just move so fast!

Xcom: Enforcer would actually have been a fun arcade game, but it shouldn't bear the xcom name. It's not worth 20$ but I got it for 99 cents, so for its price it was ok. Except for that goddamn scientist if I hear "alien eradication frenzy" one more time i'm going to delete the voice files! Enforcer didn't merit the name of Xcom.

• 6 months later...

Interceptor was mostly good. Fast it was... but not impossible, matching speed with target helps a lot. Those killerfleets with 3 phantasm + 5 wraith were annoying, worse yet were those million "kill those few saucers we spotted" -missions. The cockpit graphs and on-liners are great!

"I brake for sectoids"

"The bug stops here"

"Hehe, ET go boom" :explode: