XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND - Sound Team Working List

Raven Squad

I just like to know who are now really working in this project (at sound deperment) and what they are doing right now. Please post to this topic so i can keep track of things or send me a pm or email.

well, i've been inactive for months. recently i've been trawling the web without much success (sounddogs is an exccellent resource for anyone whos rich though :) ).

i'll be reading through the labs when i get back from work to see what i can do there.

as i asked in the other thread: what stilll needs doing for the geo-scape? specificaly.

i'm also trying to kick my addiction to puzzle pirates... :)

• 3 months later...

i'm gonna go for the Raptor voice sounds, "getting wounded, death, biting"

i'm done with the laser for now (though probably not forever)

Edited by hippyjon

idea for the base sound of the raptor voice:

1. if you have a cat or know someone who owns one, get it to purr, growl, hiss etc.

then play with them for desired effect!

for the raptor death, you could take a page from monty python's holy grail...

• 2 months later...

I'm actually looking for things to do now. I'm gonna spend some time searching for work right now. If you need me on something, tell me!

I think it's important with the best possible atmosphere.

The base for that is to have all the different surroundings where such things would change compiled to a list.

I think this is something that should be taken care of quite early, because it can be completed relatively quick and adds a lot to the unfinished soundscape.

I also think it's important, especially for this, to have a lot of subtle sound elements. That in itself adds a lot of atmosphere.

Edited by Cougar