XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Mind Control Bug

GreatGold

Hey -

I'm sure people know of this, but it happened to me the other nght and I want to vent :cussing: !

I've been waiting for the Ethereals for a while, and a small scout finally shows up. For some reason, I have not encountered a single Sectoid, so I don't have mind control. Yeah, I don't know how I meet Ethereals before Sectoids, but thats not the point.

I'm one of those people that only saves at the beginning of the mission, before the first move. So everything counts. And I'm thinking, this is going to be tough. BUUUUT, somehow everything goes great, and I get to the last Ethereal without a single casualty. The Ethereal mind controls a random guy, and I kill him.

BUT THEN MY GUY SHOWS AS MIA!!!

So, I'm just mentioning this, because its a bug that should be squashed in Xenocide.

Thanks,

Gold

did you shoot the ethereal or the mc'ed soldier??

Xcomutil adds a feature where you recover MIA's if the mission succeeds.

But it is a bug, in Xenocide MIAs should always be recovered if the mission is accomplished.

Guest Longshot
Is this a bug or is this how the game was intended? I always thought that if you killed the last alien while someone was berzerk, panicked, mind controlled etc., that you just lost that guy. Unless you save and re-load a lot that is...

Its a known problem, but whether or not its a 'bug' depends on your point of view. Personally I think it is, as the soldier should return to normal shortly afterwards.

Be sure to kill the the last alien when there are no MCed soldiers around.