XCOMUFO & Xenocide

New Music

hi ppl i love this game playing it 11 years.

this is great project!!!

i can compose new tracks for this game.

let's choose style i prefer psy trance or some tribal sound.

but i need to know ppls opinion.

any suggestions ??

i can compose almost any style of electronic music.

ps sorry for my english.

Edited by OpiumDream

It is important that the music be cool and creepy, but it must also not detract from the game. If the music is too loud or has heavy percussion it may obscure the sound effects and make the game harder to play. Edited by Robotrek

Both styles sound nice to me. The important thing is that the music is not too repetitive, i.e., that it can be heard on the background for half an hour or more without getting tired of it.

I think a Command and Conquer style Playlist is in order if we are to do this. Choose from a list, or add your own (Sure, you couldnt add your own in C&C, but :P)

As well, I think many songs that play in a random loop would be good

Both styles sound nice to me. The important thing is that the music is not too repetitive, i.e., that it can be heard on the background for half an hour or more without getting tired of it.

which is precisely why i dislike the current battle music - the tracks i came up with were intending to stick to the current ufo2k musics but expand on them. The battlescape music we have now just irritates me - its good and all but its far far too short

Edited by Sporb

The battlescape music we have now just irritates me - its good and all but its far far too short

I'm sorry, it was my responsibility for reqesting it to be short in order not to affect distribution size too much. So dickie (http://dickie.asylumwear.com/) who is the author of current ufo2000 music tried his best to fit these requirements.

I myself had a very bad internet connection at that time and uploading even a few megabytes more when making new releases was a big pain. Now this is not a big problem for me anymore as long as the distribution size remains within a reasonable size of say 10MB. But keeping the distribution small allows the people who still have not a very good or too expensive internet to be able to play the game (or at least it will not discourage them to try the game for the first time). That's why beta versions are still released without music at all, though 3.5MB vs 5MB is not a big difference now.

Gah, Rapidshare hates me, no matter what

That file is small enough to post it directly here in the forum, you have about 5mb of storage for attachments. So here is the file:

I like the type of music for the game and I think that piece of music has potential but its not quite there yet. The basic drum beat is kinda monotone and gets anoying after a while.

I would go for a darker, tension building music.

That new version has gotten more depth, wich is nice.

But that is not realy background music, more like dance music.

Game music is supposed to set or reenforce a mood that fits to the game.

Also it should be subtle, in the background like the name implies.

So wich mood do you want to set with it?

its not bad, very simple which is somthing i have trouble with (Weeee lots of VSTs)

The other thing with looped tracks is that you dont need to loop them repeatedly in one sound file - that just wastes space. Unless you mean that you intend to loop it and make changes as it progresses ...

Also, the battlescape music shouldnt be all hardcore wank guitar and drum solos since it would detract from the game - i'd steer towards ambiance personally

Edited by Sporb

A Reason man eh? me too - all my music was created in Reason 2.5 and i personally find it more user friendly than cubase and such.

SinOfDamnation: you can only use .OGG files for music AFAIK but yes, you can use custom Ogg music in your ufo2k install. take a look at the ufo2k config file for a list of tracks used and such.

• 8 months later...
hi ppl i love this game playing it 11 years.

this is great project!!!

i can compose new tracks for this game.

but i need to know ppls opinion.

any suggestions ??

i can compose almost any style of electronic music.

ps sorry for my english.

Have you consired about following tracks ?

http://www.xcomufo.com/music/