XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo:aftershock Baby!

Slaughter

Head over to [url="http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?id=3278"]ToTheGame[/url] for the glorious news! :D And we will keep you up to speed at [url="http://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk"]UFOAftermath.co.uk[/url] as always. May 5th is hereby declared a day of celebration! :D

NICE! But only if they listen to the fans what they want and makes some improvements. Like:
1. destructible terrain
2. a "turn based" gamemode
3. More basebuilding/finance handling/research/manufacture and that stuff

They had a very nice dialogue with us when they were developing Aftermath. Sadly they couldn't implement all the features we wanted, mostly because of lacking funds (they didn't have a publisher) and time. This time however, things should be better, so I advice you to visit their forum and voice your opinions! They are the nicest developer I have experienced.

I'll do that, thanks for letting us know about this upcoming sequal! :master:

Actually, I hope that the game will be far better than the first one...

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the game; however, there was a lot of details that seemed "rushed", and also there was a lot of technical issues (especially with video drivers).

When I look at the Freedom Ridge graphics, and then at the UFO: Aftermath... I get nostalgic again. :crying:

[quote name='Cpl. Facehugger' date='May 7 2004, 08:37 PM']And now they have buckets and buckets of money with which to put into developing a new game. A better game.[/quote]
Well it didn't sell THAT much :D

Actually, they beat their sales estimates by a very large amount. That means they have enough money to make a good game. Besides, good games don't get made with cash, they are made with love. Look at Xenocide! :D