XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Unique Craft

websee

i have a nice idea for a unique craft:

this is the UFOPEDIA report:

///

when the aliens realized how humanity is trying to fight them (after development of the avenger) they tryed to build a craft similar to the human one. they constructed a direct assault craft that was supposed to assault x-com bases. fortunately they never used it, because the alien soldiers refused to stay near each other in the craft, so it remained in the alien hangar unit x-com fould it there. it is a really unique technology, that allows us to power up to 4 waepons slots with the huge power source integrated in this craft. the space inside the craft is enougth for 22 soldiers or 3HWP and 10 soldiers. it is 50% faster then our avenger and it uses some new kind of alien alloys rising the damage capacity to the doulbe of our avenger its fuel tank is is 10 times bigger then the one of our avenger but it uses 5 times more elerium-115 as fuel. it is an absolutely deadly weapon which is easy enougth to use for our soldiers. unfortunately we were unable to peproduce most of the crafts parts, so we will never be able to make a second one.

///

this craft can be captured during an alien base mission and it can be captured only once or at most twice (in very easy mode).

Frankly, I don't see the point of it...

It would totally pwn all the ufos it meets as even an Avenger with Plasma cannons has an even chance of downing a battleship, the biggest and baddest of them all ufos...

Unique crafts as easter eggs, yes, but nothing that seriously upsets the balance as musch as this does.

• 4 weeks later...
The aliens not wanting to use the most powerful ship in game because they didn't want to be near each other? There were a nice little group of 5 ethereals that stood at the door of a UFO and they didn't mind being near each other. Anyway, it is too good, it would kill everything it came across and is just too powerful, I don't think this idea is good IMO Edited by UnknownWarrior

Well, I think it's a good idea.

But, this ship could be designed for hunting X-com craft.

It would seek out x-com planes and take them down and then do a land attak as we do. In the ufo there would be an elite force of aliens.

The only way to survive this is to either destroy it in mid-air, take it down or over power them when they attak you on land and capture the ship.

I think it should not be as powerfull as the avenger.

Kelfka

to balance that, you could make it like:

when you capture that thing and decide to keep it, the aliens always instantly detect it when its airborne, they instantly detect the base it is stationed in and assault it 10 times more often to capture it back, having that thing in a base turns its mind shield effeciency to 0, so you have to deal with a whole more base assaults.

to balance that, you could make it like:

when you capture that thing and decide to keep it, the aliens always instantly detect it when its airborne, they instantly detect the base it is stationed in and assault it 10 times more often to capture it back, having that thing in a base turns its mind shield effeciency to 0, so you have to deal with a whole more base assaults.

Not if you choose to dismantle it and have a free reserch. ^_^