XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Production Cost Issues

Robo Dojo 58

This seems to be a bug in the original X-COM, and I'd like to address it.

The manufacturing costs for the "HWP fusion bomb" and "craft fusion ball" appear to be reversed. The long flying, hard hitting, huge explosion craft weapon costs 4 elerium to build, while the smaller tank bomb needs 5 Ele/8 Alloys. I was so startled by the cost of tank bombs, that I thought they were for the craft instead! ^_^ By comparison, the Blaster bomb takes 3 Elerium to build.

In short:

Craft bomb: 4E

Tank bomb: 5E/8A

Blast bomb: 3E (comparison)

Since the craft bomb is so much bigger and more destructive than the tank bomb, it should have the higher material needs. (Avenger vs. tank, which gun will be bigger? :rolleyes:) It seems that the programmers must've mixed up these weapons when they programmed how much manufactured goods would cost.

The Fix:

Craft bomb: 5E/8A

Tank Bomb: 4E

• 4 weeks later...

It looks more like a mistake to me. Yeah, you don't want HWP rounds being mass produced, but when you hear "craft fusion", don't you think the missiles would be larger than a HWPs?

You need 10 inventory space for the materials to produce 8 HWP shells. HWPs only take up 6 space. It seems sorta... odd that you'd need more raw materials than the size of the tank. :huh?:

Would that mean that the craft can hold 30 fusion balls? They seem to be much smaller than the tank shells, and the tank can already hold 8.

Hmm... fusion ball automatic cannon.... :)