XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com - Original Dos

okay i just got the CE of xcom, since my disks for xcom (yea 1.44) kinda got ruined when i lived with my roomate (dogs eating xcom is not cool :cussing: ) anyway, im not 100% sure but i think CE is missing a lot the original had.. like sounds... and for some reason my blaster launchers dont work for crap, when i make them go up or down a level they just go everywhere and usually kill me... ive had the CE for about 2 months now (actually i got it right before i joined this site) im wondering if anyone knows where i can get the files from the original to replace these crappy sounds, it seems like every alien has the same sound when it dies... (i need this to run on xp, unless you know of a good DOS emul)

thanx :D

Yeah, the sounds are a lot less good. But you can't just copy the old sound files over the ones of the CE. You'll have to stick to those I guess. The blaster bug is a known issue, just don't send it straight up, or it will go SW.

Yeah, send it up by sending it on sloping trajectories. Will work fine.

However, you can use that blaster bug to fly the bombs through walls (without detonating on impact). Great for taking out pesky Psi commanders on the first turn. :D

Well, I checked those .cat files, and AFAIK they are completetly the same as the ones of the old xcom (all the alien death sounds are still there). So it's the game that tells to play that stupid death cry, not because of the sound files... Nothing we can do about it... But it's only the sectoid, reaper and floater who have the same sound. The other races still have their own.