XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Help! Dos4gw Crashes When Trying To Start Xcomapoc

hgbakker

Hi,

I'm trying for days now running X-Com Apocalypse under DOS 6.1, but so far didn't succeed. The installation itself went ok; there were some problems with a missing mousedriver and CDROM driver, but I fixed that.

When I try to start Apocalypse, it immediately crashes in dos4gw, which it seems to use. I thought I found the solution when I discovered that at the start of the game it loads an ancient mediaplayer to play the intro. You can skip this phase by starting Apocalypse with "xcomapoc SKIP" and presto, it takes 2 seconds longer before-it-crashes-again-with-the-same-error! :devillaugh:

I'm running an AMD 1800+ processor and use a GeForce 4400 based graphicscard. This however seems to pose no problem for "Xcom: Enemy Unknow", which runs fine (though a little fast).

Could somebody please tell me what the heck is wrong here, and more importantly, what I can do about it?

-Harry

Hi,

I'm trying for days now running X-Com Apocalypse under DOS 6.1, but so far didn't succeed. The installation itself went ok; there were some problems with a missing mousedriver and CDROM driver, but I fixed that.

When I try to start Apocalypse, it immediately crashes in dos4gw, which it seems to use. I thought I found the solution when I discovered that at the start of the game it loads an ancient mediaplayer to play the intro. You can skip this phase by starting Apocalypse with "xcomapoc SKIP" and presto, it takes 2 seconds longer before-it-crashes-again-with-the-same-error!  :devillaugh:

I'm running an AMD 1800+ processor and use a GeForce 4400 based graphicscard. This however seems to pose no problem for "Xcom: Enemy Unknow", which runs fine (though a little fast).

Could somebody please tell me what the heck is wrong here, and more importantly, what I can do about it?

-Harry

have you tried everything in this topic? http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=841