As I wrote somewhere else on this forum I would like to organise tournament. I hope many players will be interested, but even if there will be only couple of them I will make tournament anyway
There will be two posts made for this tournament: in this post players will register to tournament and I will post scores here.
Second one will contain discussions and questions about tournament and in addition people can arrange matches there.
I made simple website with shoutbox at the 'clock' section for this tournament's purposes. It contains full rules, table of results and other informations.
(Site didn't look properly at Firefox, I fixed that)
Ufo2000 version : 0.7.1086
Ufo2000 server : ufo2000.xcomufo.com:2000 (default Ufo2000 server) or or ufo2000.kostax.cz:2000 (backup unofficial server)
Player's name pattern : [T]Nickname
Fight mode : Deathmatch
Map : Dawn City
Map size :5 x5 (phase A), 6x6 (phase B )
Weaponset : Ufo2000 / Modified xcom No explosives (I think it will be no explo modified xcom)
Turn limit : 300 seconds
Point limit : 15 000
Light level : 16 (day light)
Exploration level : 1 (deployment area is explored)
Ground : Off (no equipment on ground at start)
Anyone who wants play in tournament should :
- Register here and pass nickname used at tournament and optionally time zone or availability (as information for opponents to arrange matches)
- Wait until tournament begins and check the situation on forum (at least once a day should be enough)
- Participate in discussion about tournament in second thread
- Edited : Registering --- players can still sign up - tournament will start one week after fourth player signs up (players can register during that week too of course).
The tournament will contain two phases :
- Phase A : players splitted into groups; play two matches with each player in the group
- Phase B : two (or more - we will see) best players from each group play matches in well-known "tree mode" (e.g. like in soccer championships)
I think two (maybe three) matches in a week for each player will be enough. Each player at phase A can get 3 points for winning, 1 point for draw and 0 points for losing his match. Draw should take place only in 2 situations:
- score (soldier's left counter) is 1:1 - it must be draw
- score is 2:2 - both players decide to draw or continue playing
Scores will be placed on website and here.
- If someone won't be able to finish match, it is canceled and both players should arrange new match - no draw in this case.
- If game crash both players decide to continue playing by F3 or fight new game. F3 can be use couple minutes after the crash, later new game should be started
- The order of matches depends on players (but I suggest to keep order)- they can arrange matches with opponent anytime they want, but all planned matches at phase A should take place before end of that phase.
- Result of the match should be put on forum and it would be good if both players confirm the result (but I can check it at statistics page so don't have to)
- If someone refuse to play his match he won't get points. In this case both players (refuser and his opponent) or at least one of them should inform me about this situation on forum or by Private Message.
- When phase B begins, there will be no possibility to move match to other time.
- I will place on the site score of each match (as fast I can).
If you have nice screenshot from tournament's match, you can place it on forum as tournament documentation.
You can make screenshot by pressing F12 during battle.
If you have problems with arranging matches, maybe TimeZone Clock on my website (at Board) will be helpful.
Cheating won't be tolerated. If someone think that his opponent was cheating, he should write me by Private Message. Please, don't discuss about cheating on tournament's posts.
If number of players will be hard to split, I will join the tournament.
If number of players will be good, but number of players+1 will be still good (e.g. 9, 9+1; 15, 15+1), I will join tournament too.
If number of players will be good, but number of players+1 won't be good, I won't participate.
Hmmm....I think this post is long enough
Tournament registering starts from....now!
Edited by Intri, 21 September 2008 - 03:29 AM.