XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Snd - Active Music - Entering Mission V0.1

ATeX

As I was working on the main theme, I stumbled on a few chords that fit in very well for creating suspense. And suspense is the keyword for entering a mission. Everyone feels nervous and tense because unknown danger lays just a couple of minutes away from us. Work In Progress ;)

Entering Mission v0.1 - OGG VBR 320

cheers!

Edited by ATeX

I just realised... the music starts off like that of Mercenaries. It changes completely a few seconds in, as Mercs goes all action-movie-y, but they start almost exactly the same. :D

nice. My only suggestion would be to make the 'ding dang ding dung dong' thing sound less pionoish and more like church organs, if you know what i mean. It sounds a little too boogymanish to me... Edited by mikker

to mikker everything sounds a bit too boogymanish in my opinion... hehehe :)

changing a piano into a church organ would make it hilarious.

cheers!

I think he means in the sense of the much lower tones, very deep and quite loud. The sort that send shivers down you spine when someone just randomly plays one.

might be...

still, letting these notes play by a church organ in a scifi game would change Robocop into Frankenstein. Bad bad idea!! don't make me put it into audio... it's horrible

btw, mikker always wants to change something, even if it would be finished and polished . Why would that be?

cheers!

Edited by ATeX

sorry, just an idea I got. :)

The reason I want to 'change everything', sorry to be sounding like that BTW, is that nothing is perfect, and considering some changes might be in order. It might sound good, but it might be better.

I'm just giving suggestions, I'm not the one making the music ;)

no problem :)

talking about perfection, take a look at my signature ;) either way, it's a fact that everyone on this project is trying to do better every time, luckily. Hopefully it will result in a great game for every X-COM fan out there!

cheers!

sorry, just an idea I got. :)

The reason I want to 'change everything', sorry to be sounding like that BTW, is that nothing is perfect, and considering some changes might be in order. It might sound good, but it might be better.

I'm just giving suggestions, I'm not the one making the music ;)

ok, sorry about the perfection-thing.

The church organ thing i ment, was that I though that the piano sound needed to be stretched more, instead of comming in without any 'warning'. If the tones take longer to fade out, it might help with making it lesser horror movie style, and more creepy, but still futuristic.

Sorry to call that 'as a church organ', :/ :P