XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Well, for those that havent been able to connect this days, all this has happen because some ill behaved person killed the server using an exploit... as a side effect, the attacker has negated the remote access so Mindstormmaster had to go to the dataserver and bring it home for a full reinstall. Measures had been taken for this exploit to do not happen again.

Even though we didnt find any data corruption we cannot discard that posibility. So if you find something just report it to him with CC to me. Some services like the Wiki and SVN may not work as are being installed as I write this, but everything should be working normally by Monday afternoon.

Many thanks to Mindstormmaster for his quick response to the server issues. Lets hope people with nothing else to do than cause harm, start using his free time to do constructive things instead of destroy other peoples work.

Greetings

Red Knight

In addition to repairing the damage done, the server received several upgrades and preventative maintence. One of the hard drives was upgraded, installing a 250GB drive to replace an 80GB one. Additionally, the server's memory was upgraded, adding 1GB of RAM, bringing the total to 2GB. The hardware was given a full system test, and passed without any errors or warnings.

Sorry for the downtime, but this did give us an opportunity to make several upgrades that should help in the future.

Great job, mindstormmaster! :)

So far, I haven't seen any abnormalities. :fingerscrossed:

- Zombie