XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Overview Of My Thoughts

This is pretty much a sum-up of ideas that may or may not have been posted before; I just feel the need to express my own ideas here

Weapons:

These should really not be wildly different from X-Com (in general stats) as an overall balance was achieved there, though a few variances or half-ways would be nice. Melee aspects should be incorporated as well, because it just makes sense: why not smack an alien with the butt of your rifle to knock him out? (this may take a few tries or it can be used on an injured alien to finish the job)

Also, something that bugged me about X-Com was that no matter what your distance was, your accuracy was always the same. You could be staring a Floater in the eyes and unload two volleys of auto-fire and not hit once. Perhaps some sort of range-based accuracy should be included as well, making closer encounters easier to hit.

Armor:

Some more varied types here would be nice, too. The basic starting armor being default and free with every soldier and providing only meager protection, moving up to a paid but non-researched Trojan suit which would be better protection.

Moving up would be alien-based armors, the alloy-based armor, Powered armor, flight suits, and Stealth Suits, which would have the equivalent protection of the alloy armor with active camoflage.

Stealth suits would work by proportion of TU (or equivalent) left at the end of the turn. If a soldier doesn't move, he wont be seen at all. If he completely exhausts his TU for that turn, he has a 60% chance of being spotted.

If you wanted to get really extreme, you could try something like the equivalent of Tactical Dreadnought Armor in W40k, very very heavy armor, slow movement, very tough, very expensive, but increased accuracy, strength, and stun resistance to boot with the extra protection and environmental filtering.

Just my thoughts, really.

• 2 weeks later...
If you wanted to get really extreme, you could try something like the equivalent of Tactical Dreadnought Armor in W40k, very very heavy armor, slow movement, very tough, very expensive, but increased accuracy, strength, and stun resistance to boot with the extra protection and environmental filtering.

i get evil thoughts of my guys crushing alien heads.

:devillaugh: