#1 Judge_Deadd

Judge_Deadd

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:08 AM

Hey, what about wars between various countries? Nothing will change man :P
1. 1 or more countries can fight. (Yeah, 1 too - civil wars)
2. Countries that fight have their funding decreased.
3. You have a chance to meet soldiers in terror areas.
"This is why I love subtle humour, it's as dirty or as clean as the reader's own mind." -- Sinscale17

"Just imagine if you were really the XCOM commander. You'd build defence modules like there was no tomorrow. Because if you didn't, there really would be no tomorrow!" -- Aiki-Knight

#2 kelfka

kelfka

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:36 AM

That a good idea.
But how will the soldiers react?

Will they soot you and/or the aliens on sight?
:laser:
:alientalk: :plasma:

There should also be a chance for the terrain to be hit with artillery during the mission.

#3 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 02:12 PM

and if one cuntry is annihalated (boom! :P) they stop founding you.

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#4 Black Dash

Black Dash

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 02:19 PM

Since X-COM is a "Blast-all-the-aliens-u-find" Team, i don't think the other countries would dare to shoot the guys that are saving their butts!!
As for the artillery idea I think it would work (BIG BOOM WARS!!!); just the thougt of going in the heat of battle and the snakeman on your front being pulverized by cannon fire.... you get the idea.

"Sir! What's that fireball in the skies?"
"What fire... WTF!?"
*BOOM*

:explode:

#5 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 02:56 PM

also, if you are doing EMENSLY BAD IN OVER A MONTH, houses could be smashed in terror missions :) just to show you arn't doing the job and earth is to pay.

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#6 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:04 PM

Would countries at war with each other really meet in a room and talk about aliens?
Hmm... they could both fund X-Corps to sneak in spys on each other...
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#7 kelfka

kelfka

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:40 PM

It would be cool that when you encouter soldiers, they would shoot at each other.
If one of the soldiers is a spy or is from one of the countries, he or her would abandon there post and join the fight.

It would also be cool if one of the war countries offer you a good amount of money to attack,in SECRET, the other countrie . :D

#8 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:52 AM

X-Corps agents would be very good for espionage missions, and maybe some strike missions. I hope there's alot of money involved, cause I don't want them to die for pennies. :D
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#9 Black Dash

Black Dash

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 01:54 PM

Yea... sending troops to die for "lunch money" is a bit foolish...

"R.I.P - Private John. Died trying to get some lunch money." ^_^

#10 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 02:38 PM

R.I.P. Private Bob, Died trying to wrestle a muton.
I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

*Coming back? Avast! Facehugger, finish your assignments!*

Posted Image

#11 Magstar

Magstar

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:09 AM

During or directly after a war, any troops you recruit from the involved countries ought to be above rookie status and, if we implement the specific skills for specific weapons, then they all ought to have nice bonuses in the standard human weapons.