XCOMUFO & Xenocide

My Suggestions For The Next Release

LordT

I cant really figure out where to place this one, but this seems like a good location as any...

Anyhow...

The earth texture doesnt have the northpole... a big drawback dont ya think? :P

Also, the sun/lightsource is a little small/weak. Maybe a square with the same size as the earth would give better lightning? Now the northern parts are practically dark 24/7

My thoughts

The feedback we get from testers very often contains your same comments. I just thought maybe we could say the north post got nuked :P Honestly, I'm not sure why it's missing but a while back RK said he knew about it and he would work on it later (as in it was not a priority at the time). It would be nice to see it fixed for the next alpha, though.

Can we do it so there is moonlighting on earth too?

And so that at night you can see where major towns are because of the curfews? Streetighting visible from space??

www.europa.usenet.eu.org/ btn/europe_night.jpg

Grr images not working!! checkout above!!

it would only look right to see city lights when your zoomed close but itd also look v cool (the nasa night map is obviously light amplified). as for the lighting of the globe, the sun is so far away that its light is virtualy polarised (all rays going in the same direction, not sure if i used the right word) by the time it reaches us. i think the dawn and dusk lasts to long on geoscape... *has an idea*

edit *decides it wouldnt work*

it was that it should get darker or lighter if it was dawn or dusk. and when you went back to the geoscape you would go back to the time you started the mission and your craft would stay there till whenever.

but it wouldnt work unless we had each turn lasting like ten game-minutes.

at least im thinking :)

Edited by hippyjon

"The above picture is actually a composite of over 200 images made by satellites orbiting the Earth. "

i dont think the lights would be visible if the picture was taken from the altitude it appears to have been. we'll see if it looks in if/when it gets applied to the geoscape anyway :)

Oh! I've got some more "should be fixed soon" issues!

Even though I set it to windowed mood in the .conf it stills alters my screen res specified in the .conf. I think the res-change should be skipped when in windowed.

And also... no.. wait.. no I forgot it, I'll come back later :)

*starts feeling this maybe fits better in the helpdesk... hmmm...*