XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xenocide Paraphanalia

GreatGold

Hmm, wearing game logos on apparel.

I could go for it if it weren't some geeky thing (sorry guys) like they have on their shirts, but if we had some kind of symbol or reference other than emblazoning xenocide across the shirt (and I don't know why anyone would want game related underware :)) it might work.

The T-shirts would have to be black of course and we couldn't do the alien eyes as that's been done to death.

i would buy a black xenocide shirt with a logo on it. make a good logo. I WANT ONE, NOW

How can you resist the pleading of little kitten eyes?

(this refers to c4t's current avatar, as Murphy's law will make him change it as soon as I comment on it, making my post even more irrelevent than before)

Make sure we get some designs up on forum and discuss it to death before it sent to be made soon after the public release need to make sure they are sold.

I seen to many game based designs which doesn’t look like I could wear it in public :unsure:

"With every collector edition purchase of Xenocide, receive a free pair of custom undies! Never been used, we promise! "

We could use cafepress. I've used them before and they're pretty good, although a tad on the expensive side. Only problem is that they don't do black merchandise - your shirt options are either white or athletic gray.

But, since they do product design, customer service, order fullfillment, and billing for free as long as you submit a highres graphic, you can't really go wrong.

The only real question is: who gets the money? :devillaugh:

I think the cash would go first to those fronting the cost of the site, Micah I expect spends the most keeping this going. Anything beyond paying those bills IMO should go to a charity. Who would benefit more, each of us getting a dollar or two, or a good cause getting several hundred?

I don't care what the design, I would get one...if it looks goofy I would just wear it for daily chores around the house...now a hat I would wear even to work...

I like the charity idea too.. I definitely would buy a shirt if the money would go 5-15% micah (new harddisks, and stuff that makes distribution of xenocide better in the future) and 85-95% to charity (something against smoking and drugs, or against starvation in african countrys)..

Guest Jim69
I like the charity idea too.. I definitely would buy a shirt if the money would go 5-15% micah (new harddisks, and stuff that makes distribution of xenocide better in the future) and 85-95% to charity (something against smoking and drugs, or against starvation in african countrys)..

AGAINST smoking and drugs? What the bloody heck am I gonna do till Xenocide comes out then :whatwhat:

Guest Jim69

LOL!

Nah, only j/king ne way, just in case some peeps now think there is a crack addict wannabe programmer postin away merrily, high as a kite :D

Damn, I think I am just dragging this post further and further off topic :) I recon that if there is a desire for some Xenocide branded goods, then great, and the charity idea is fantastic, if we can help some peeps less fortunate than us with some cash then all the greater.

whoa, 85-95 percent charity? this isnt a charity drive, i think thats a bit too much. i would give what we can spare. and i dont think xenocide shirts would look good in white or athletic grey. black all the way. so i could wear it to school. i dont think i could wear white to school ^_^ though, if we had to do caffee press i would get a mousepad and mug most likely.

Guest Jim69

Well, what else is the money gonna go to? I say pay some towards the server and the like, and the rest goes to charity.

Hmm, just had a thought. This project is fairly big right now, and when knowledge expands a little, maybe we could convince some PC gaming magazines to contribute a little for the server and to charity in return 4 some product placement ( on signposts and the like ). Obviously not now, but maybe when the game is in a working state.

Guest Jim69
Well, yeah. I can see them agreeing as long as none of it is profit, 4 things like servers etc. they should be cool. Plus it would be a 2 way exposure 4 both the magazine in game, and the game in the mag, which would be pretty cool.

i buy gaming mags occasionally, but if there was one with xenocide in it i would scoop it up and hug it and maybe sleep with it next to me, then maybe i would try to feed it.

Hmm, wearing game logos on apparel.

I could go for it if it weren't some geeky thing (sorry guys) like they have on their shirts, but if we had some kind of symbol or reference other than emblazoning xenocide across the shirt (and I don't know why anyone would want game related underware :)) it might work.

The T-shirts would have to be black of course and we couldn't do the alien eyes as that's been done to death.

It ain't done-to-death until it's on a T-shirt. Alien eyes on a black T-Shirt sounds pretty good to me!

Hey -

This thread is so hidden now! Could it at least me moved to Off-Topic? This is like one step above Alien Containment. I literally couldnt find it for a few minutes!!

In anycase, I would like an official decission on this. Should I set us up an account, or what?

Gold

• 2 weeks later...