XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Can Somone Tell Me Why I Get This Message

mavdog

when i try to install the game it blinks with the message D:\install.exe C:WINDOWS\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running on MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications. ive downloaded the crack and other suggestions but doesnt work can someone help me please

Guest Azrael Strife
when i try to install the game it blinks with the message D:\install.exe C:WINDOWS\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running on MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications. ive downloaded the crack and other suggestions but doesnt work can someone help me please

It'd be helpful for people willing to help if you posted what version of Windows are you running, probably as well your video card.

Perhaps the autoexec.nt file is not set up properly, or it's corrupted. What are you running to install the game?

NRN_Sumo1: From what I've read about your computer not being particularly happy with most programs that don't give other people trouble, your system is probably just the exception to the rule. ;) Pity even supposedly identical computers are as identical with each other as chalk is with cheese. But I guess that's part of the hazard of trying to use PCs.

- NKF

• 1 month later...
Do not use those two microsoft files -- config.nt and autoexec.nt -- they just do not work like the old files - config.sys and autoexec.bat files and that is that. First you need ms-dos drivers and secondly since the Extended Dos manager from Rational systems is used for the game -- it just does not jive with what microsoft considers proper ms-dos programs. The game is - but then microsoft does not include the real drivers back then that were used -- it is all set up in the Registry and the files microsoft supplies nowadays just do not work like the old files did from microsoft. Just use Dos-box or some program for ms-dos games that will work and includes the better files for ms-dos programs.