Don't Get Hurt

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Blastin_*

Guest_Blastin_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2003 - 09:01 PM

When I go to certain buildings to either raid the building or search for aliens, my computer will freeze on the "Don't Get Hurt" screen and it says loading...most times, this lasts for 5-10 seconds, but for other times, it will just keep loading- for HOURS! don't know what's going on with it.

I've checked out the FAQ on using X-Com Appoc. on XP. I downloaded the zip, plus the audio emulator- everything works really well, EXCEPT on certain buildings- i've gone into some with no problem at all, been playing for around 2 weeks (in game time) and things are going well...except every so often, on certain buildings, I just can't get in...

anyone else having this problem? I looked at another forum and some people over there had the same thing happen- wonder if anyone knows whats up.

FYI- I only did the 60MB install instead of the 200MB install- the 200MB one was taking about 3 hours to finish(no joke), and i needed to use the computer.- is this normal for the full install?

also, on a side note, I changed the config.sys document to say
buffers=20
files=20, but it still thinks its at 40/0

any idea whats up?

#2 Guest_Blastin_*

Guest_Blastin_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2003 - 09:55 PM

by the way- just as an FYI- i just tried to load the 200MB version and at 30% it said it had problems reading it and basically i had to abort...

no idea what to do about this either.

#3 Guest_Jason H_*

Guest_Jason H_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2003 - 04:33 PM

Are you using the collector's edition? I bought one of the earliest versions of Apolcalypse on CD and it never installed properly on NTFS-based operating systems (2k/XP). The collector's edition, which I bought about a week ago, installs just fine, but there are all those other problems (crash to desktop without an error notice, sluggish mouse, etc.)

Reply to this topic