In this thread, I'd like to encourage people to report what's happening in the Aliens:250 games (or Aliens:###), and discuss how we handle the new challenges.
If you're thinking about trying it out, and you already feel confident in the game, I'd say go for it. The program takes about 10 seconds to use, and you only need to use it once to achieve 250% aliens from then on. You can look forward to the following things:
1. Tons of aliens in ground missions. Waves of arthropods and skeletoids will burst out of UFO doors and seriously rush your agents. They're heavily armed, and if you're playing superhuman, aggressive. In one mission, I counted 17 arthropods, 9 skeletoids, plus a horde of worms and brainsuckers, and a few spitters.
2. UFO drops are like plagues. If a single ship manages a drop, you'll be doing cleanup for the rest of the week. Glen and I have both seen that one drop, even if you clean it up, will spread to 7 or 8 buildings. The number may be higher: in my current game, one drop infected at least 11 buildings. Numbers in each building are quite large, sometimes just outrageous.
3. If you decide to play with regular amounts of ammo, you are going to run out fast. This will make the game very hard. You're going to have to be careful, smart, and a darned good manager. On the one hand, you're just going to HAVE to let loose with everything you have to beat back massive alien assaults. On the other hand, you'd better know when to hold back, or you'll be spitting at the aliens by the end of the week.
4. You're going to lose more agents than you're used to. The aliens are very numerous, meaning you're exposed to more enemy fire. When the entropy starts flying, you're going to PRAY for the end of the week to come.
5. With an easy 10 missions per day if you let the aliens make drops, your game days will feel like weeks. Weeks will feel like months. You will sit on the edge of your seat as you run the time down, praying, just praying you can get to the next week, so you can get more ammo.
6. You're going to need to make the most out of every type of weapon and ammo you can get. Do you neglect the mini-launcher, or the sniper rifle? You better learn to use 'em, and fast.
7. Your hospital will be busy. Very busy.
8. You will have FUN.
Edited by Aiki-Knight, 10 July 2007 - 12:59 AM.