XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Forum Members In X-com (s)

Han Harkov

TU = 65

Energy = 40

Health = 40

Bravery = 50 (mmm, A coward who can control it)

Reactions = 52

Fire Accuracy = 62

Throw Accuracy = 40 (good at basket, but if the object is not spheric...)

Strenght = 35

My favourite weapons are Heavy Plasma and proximity grenade(it's more or less spheric). Anyway I'll choose it in the equipment thread once I get approved. (Sorry I haven0t read the whole thread except the main things, but I think at this time better I'm fast or I sign up to the alien war museum :boohoo: I'm in the task, though, I've edited yet seven or eight times)

I that is not right done, then leave the game generate them.

As for the naming convention, just change the first name each time I get killed. First Han, then Henry, Peter... and so on.

Han_Harkov.stt

Edited by Admiral Harkov

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems cool, and would like to join up as a head hunter/scout type. I won't edit one for you, but if you get a dude with decent TUs, strength and stamina in your travels as filler, just arm him with a stun rod, maybe a smoke grenade or two, plasma pistol w/extra clip and a stun rod.

Use 'im to charge a UFO for its leader or something after making him a way in :)

Oh yea, he might need a flying suit when you get that far :)

Figure keep him lightly armed and at least his backpack area free for hauling back that valuable corpse/snoozing leaderdude. Heh, can't wait to see the death toll mount for this guy :D

I forgot to say, since I'm rash playing the game (my squad are not formed, theyre groups of three-four rambos going the same path), you can use me for the most dangerous things. When you want to open that door, enter the UFO, I'll never say "waht, me? No", like those cowards :devillaugh:usually do. I'll will enter and if-you-see-Kay those bastards. Just like a suicide soldier (but not crazy suicide) Edited by Admiral Harkov

goddamit i leave for some days and already 5 new recruits! if this keeps up i'm gonna have to order a skyranger-5. :P

anyways, you've all been added as reserves (i miscounted, skyranger-4 was already full).

btw Master Maniac, could you post the soldier.dat file of your saved game (you'll probably need to zip it). i need his initial stats (without combat experience), since here you start at the bottom ;)

Er, sure thing. Uh oh--how would I go about doing that? Can I just give you the file I have now, or what? I don't have any saves from the beginning... :huh?:

just give me the one you have now. the game stores separately the initial and "extra" stats for each soldier so you can always know how much he/she improved :)

Woo-hoo! I get to watch my trooper get dusted by aliens! Guess it's on to the general stores, right?

yep, unless you want to be equipped with standard-issue gear :P

Hi!

Are there still need for raw recruit meat?

If there are, then Uka Naakka ( my forum name is too long ) want to recruit for the service. Perferably some armour than none and heavy cannon armed with IC and HE clips. Order is that. Toasted aliens are good aliens. :flame:

Random stats are OK of course.

TLE

Since Cydonia hasn't been completed, you probably need more fresh meat for the slaughter....

Count me in.

My preferred role is either scout and first out of the skyranger or sniper with flying suit up high...

Scout: power armor (or personal if there is a shortage), plasma pistol en alien granades (4 orso)

Sniper: Flying suit and either Rocket launcher (yes you can snipe with it, as long as no others are around) of heavy plasma (they need to drop, not just be wounded)

Anyway... I'll be waiting for my first kill (not my own ofcource :wink: )

edit: typo

Edited by Katana

Add me.

Sniper.

Flying armor if you can spare it. If not, Personal or TShirt is fine.

Heavy Laser, Electroflare, smoke grenade, medikit.

Accuracy - 70+

Reactions - 50+

(And nothing else matters!)

I think you should start a new tradition: Before anybody leaves the skyranger, the first man out has to say "It's time to kick donkey and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum."

(Hollah if you love Duke3d.)

Edited by EtherImp

Add me.

Sniper.

Flying armor if you can spare it. If not, Personal or TShirt is fine.

Heavy Laser, Electroflare, smoke grenade, medikit.

Accuracy - 70+

Reactions - 50+

(And nothing else matters!)

I think you should start a new tradition: Before anybody leaves the skyranger, the first man out has to say "It's time to kick donkey and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum."

(Hollah if you love Duke3d.)

ok you're in.

ah yes good old Duke3d. problem is the first man out usually dies before he/she gets to say anything :P

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Star*Fighter (it's an old subspace name and i'm quite fond of it)

Sex: male

Gear:Personal armor if there are any, if not, then anything goes.

Rifle/pistol(preferably laser), medikit and a grenade

Stats: what game gives me is fine

Usage: preferably a door opener, so the aliens can target pactise on me and other teammates can shoot a rocket inside

I'd like to join, and I just got a crazy idea...

When you have problems with the 80 item limit, or have a weapons shortage, do what the soviets did in WWII. Give every other soldier a weapon, but give them all ammo.

"The man with the heavy plasma shoots! When the man with the heavy plasma gets killed, the man following picks up the heavy plasma, and shoots!"

It also helps to make room for the reserves. ^_^

Anyway, I'd like Heavy Plasma, or if you don't have that, plasma rifle or if you don't have that, laser rifle, or if you don't have that, standard human-made rifle, and if you sold that in a garage sale... stun rod.

KT.stt

All of you added.

UPDATE: Sign-ups will close when there's a total of 70 soldiers, which means only one more soldier is allowed to sign-up! After that no more sign-up will be allowed (this thread closed) until I decide to bring them back.

Why is this going to happen? Because, as far as I can see, getting more and more soldiers won't help the game much more than it already has. It's becoming quite a drag to split reserves along bases, getting Skyrangers for people, making sure they're all properly assigned and with the proper equipment, ressurecting them when needed, etc, etc. It's also causing a big impact on funding ($20 000 x 70 = $1 400 000 per month!!!)

Another thing I'm thinking of doing is throwing away ressurecting. So that soldiers gone are... well, gone. This way they make room for more sign-ups and as soldiers die, the recruits will move up and have more chances of actually battling :)

Though you probably won't like losing your soldier that easily, so I tell you what. If you die 4 times, THEN you are totally out. That way everyone's happy! So Micah and Black Dash better be careful (fyi they've died 3 times) :P

Alright, I want in while there's still room :D

Just gimme a good Str and Throwing Acc,  Power armor and lots of 'nades :P

I stay in the back and bomb the heck out of everything ^_^

ok you're in.

Sign-ups are now closed until further notice. Any comments please post on the Discussion thread.

Edited by SupSuper