XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Base Sub

Exo2000

Got bored. Had time. Had the map editor. 236 MCD entries of 253... w00t, finally a bigass legit map.

60x20x4 dimensions, FYI.

Top.png

Roof. Dud Conning Towers for "Scare Tactics" and to divert attention from the REAL Triton as it launches. First stage Triton Airlock here.

Deck3.png

Cargo & Storage Deck. Lots of places to hide. Also, second stage airlock for Triton.

Deck2.png

Sleeping Quarters and Alien Containment. Psychic Shielding prevents MC from inside just so people don't say "but how come they don't get mindcontrolled?" ^_^

CommandHangar.png

Command Deck, Engine Room?? And the bottom of the Hangar.

Tilesets Used: HAMMER, LEVIATH, TRITON, CARGO01

MCD Entries: 236/253

Time Taken: Don't ask. Didn't look at the clock. :D

• 1 month later...
I suppose you could, if you wanted to write Mapgen rules for it. There are no other tiles in the set though. I think the main pieces (the actual things) are 30x60.

• 9 months later...

Nice... but why are explosive barrels stored in the command room??

And the aliens live right next to the crew, to make them sleep better? ;)

Maybe add a lab to cut them apart, and a workshop on the cargo deck.

30x60 terrains are possible (eg Ocean Liner). Just set map.SizeX/Y in the lua.

You may need to fill the first floor with ground tiles for it not to crash - but it might also work, since one can even play with "-1" (missing) maps which will be just black floor.

EDIT:

Using my unbelievable coding skillz, I wrote you a most complex generation routine. :P

Name your file/directory accordingly and have a try.

AddXcomTerrain {

Name = "Sub Base (test)",

Tiles =	{
 "$(xcom)/terrain/blanks.*",
 "$(tftf)/terrain/hammer.*",
 "$(tftf)/terrain/leviath.*",
 "$(tftf)/terrain/triton.*",
 "$(tftf)/terrain/cargo01.*",
 },

Maps = {
 "$(ufo2000)/newmaps/subbase/subb_01.*",
 },

MapGenerator = function(map)

map.SizeX, map.SizeY = 6, 3

map.Mapdata = {
                     { 01, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 },
                     { -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 },
                     { -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 },
             }

return map
   end
}

Edited by Violazr

It wouldn't be much good as a base, there is no lab, no sonar/radar/anything like that. And no defences. If that was attacked, with a torpedo to the prow, igniting the barrels stored (for some reason) in the command room, then the whole thing would be crippled, especially if it breached the alien containment.

That is assuming ALL THOSE PANELS IN THE COMMAND ROOM ARE USELESS. :P

And that is also assuming a single torpedo will be able to breach the armour. Which I very much doubt. :P

Simple , keep the aliens permanantly drunk. If mutons swing like regular blokes when intoxicated , you'll be set. They have the awesome poker face too

Fantastic. Although a breakdown of communication will ensue, because Mutons are (I think) deaf and communicate only through a series of intricate dances, twirls and jumps.

*Imagines a muton drunkenly jumping, twirling round and falling flat on his face.*

That's only how Blehm thinks they do. Personally I think it's inarticulate hand gestures. :D

What about putting them in straight jackets? Although, i do like the permanently drunk idea...

sporb, about poker faces, that is a very good point... I can see a drunk muton playing poker like a pro

• 4 months later...